Chapter 3: Kidnappings

Kakashi handed me a scroll and I sighed. Yay, it was an ANBU report, my favorite. A couple times I had actually considered having a grammar classes for the agents, but their time was better spent protecting the village instead of learning perfect prose.

"We've been having increased reports of civilian kidnappings over the last three months, and we've been investigating them. However, yesterday there was a change in the pattern. Before there were a few serial kidnappings of two or three people at a time, but this time twenty young women were taken at once."

I narrowed my eyes, "These kidnappings have been going on for how long? How has nothing been done about this?"

Kakashi scratched the back of his neck sheepishly, "Well, we really haven't had time to assign people to it. You know, after the incident with the moon coming closer to earth two weeks ago."

That was right, just over two weeks ago the world had almost come to an end when Toneri Otsutsuki had used the massive chakra of the Tenseigan to move the moon towards the earth. We had come within minutes of resorting to destroying the moon itself before Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Sai, and Shikamaru had saved the day.

"Okay, fine. The world almost coming to an end is a legitimate excuse for not allocating enough resources to this problem." I broke the seal on the scroll, "Let's see what the ANBU have to say about this matter."

ANBU Security Report 07300368 Level 3 Alert

21 civilian females; ages ranging 16-25, kidnapped from small villages in Land of Fire country-side

Assailants unidentified

No trace of victims found

Back-up needed for any attempts for pursuit

Return communications through secure channel 4.1.Sigma

"Kakashi, do you have any records about the specific victims? I'm already starting to sense a pattern, but I want to see all of the data before I can be positive." I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. All of the victims were young women? I did not like where this was going at all.