Chapter 10: I Hate You

When I stomped out of my office at eight p.m. sharp, Kakashi watched the entire time to make sure that I actually left. I sent him my most deadly glare, knowing that if looks could kill, then Kakashi would definitely be dead right now.

"I hate you so much." I grumbled at him as I walked by.

His eyes closed in a smile, "I know."

"Sick bastard, I'll get you for this one. Watch your back, Hatake, I'm coming for you."

He scratched his chin with a playful look, "You know, it almost sounds like you're making threats on the Hokage's life."

"Screw you. If you think that this will make me sleep more, then you're hopelessly delusional. I'll just find something else to do with my time."

Kakashi stepped forward and placed his hand on my shoulder, causing me to hiss at him like a cat. "Please, try to get a bit more sleep than usual, for me."

Yeah, like guilt tripping and emotional manipulation is going to work on me. Think again, Kakashi, think again.

I snorted, "Whatever you say, all great and powerful Lord Hokage."

He sighed and moved right in front of me, stopping my forward progress, "If you don't sleep, please relax a little, at least."

"Kakashi," I started to protest, but the words died in my throat when he tucked a lock of my wavy hair behind my ear.

"For me?"

With a gulp, I nodded slightly, causing the skin around Kakashi's eyes to crinkle up from the force of his hidden smile, and I realized that I really wanted to know what his face looked like.

"Thank you," he whispered, and my chest fluttered a little.

I walked away quickly; I prefer running from any emotions as opposed to facing them. I had no idea what was curling around in my chest right now so getting away from Kakashi was a given. I would have run if that was a physical possibility for me.

My feet carried me without my guidance, and I found myself in my favorite park in the village, in front of the bench that I would frequent whenever Kakashi forced me to take a break.

Kakashi... I sat down on the bench, twirling the ring around my finger. He and Toukuro were completely opposite, but the way that Kakashi had tucked the hair behind my ear sent chills down my spine in a way that Toukuro never could. God, I was such a horrible person for leading that poor man on like that.