Chapter 31: Cell Mates

Kanaye stood up from his chair, "Well, I think that the tour is done. Oreikoku, Oroka, Ouki, escort them to their cells."

I made my eyes wide and just a bit vulnerable, not overly vulnerable, but enough to make him think that he was in control. "But, if my mother isn't dead, does that mean that my dad is alive too?"

He dropped back into his chair with laughter. "You stupid, little girl, of course he's dead! That damn man couldn't have died soon enough in my opinion." He put his face in his hands as his whole body shook with laughter. When no one was looking, I shot Anzu a little wink. Her eyes widened as she understood what I was doing, and I could only hope that she wouldn't over do it herself. "Now, take them away."

Kanaye stayed laughing in his chair as the three siblings lead Anzu and I into the hallway. I had incapacitated him with laughter. Good, the four that I needed to deal with had decreased to only three.

We were marched down the hall to the room across from the lady with the light blue hair and crimson eyes that had burst out of her room earlier on during the tour. Oreikoku pushed Anzu and I into the small room and then shut the door behind us. I heard the look click before she stomped away down the hall leaving the two mountains of muscle, Oroka and Ouki, behind to stand at either side of the door. I placed my hand lightly on the door and felt that it, and it's lock, was made out of chakra resistant material. Great, between the guards and the cell, they were taking me a little more seriously than I would have liked. But, now the four people that I had to deal with was down to only two. Even better, it was two idiots.

There was chamber pot in the room. I may have been as ninja, but even shinobi can't ignore the call of nature forever. What? I stay very well hydrated.

After I had finished with that, Anzu came over after having kept a respectful distance.

In a very low whisper, she leaned over to me, "So I get the feeling that you have a plan. Do you?"

I nodded, "I have the start of one, but I'm mostly going to make it up as I go. First things first." I reached up to my Leaf Village forehead protector and pulled a thin coil of wire from inside the cloth band while making sure to hide my actions from anyone who might happen to look through the small window on the door. Then, I pulled a small selection of lock picks from the seams in my thick ninja sandals. Anzu's eyes grew wide as she watched as I kept pulling things out of my clothes. I have to admit, I did a pretty darn good job hiding the stuff. Finally, I pulled two very thin knife blades about six inches in length from inside the back of my vest. I would have hidden more knives, but if I put any in the front, they would have stabbed me if I bent too far forward. I handed one of blades to Anzu.

"Alright, I need you to listen carefully because I'll only be able to say this once." She nodded. "First, we're going to get through the door with my lock picks." I pulled two senbon needles from my shoulder pads. I almost wanted to thank Sasainako right now, without her, I never would have been this prepared. "You open the door, and I'll take care of dumb and dumber right outside. Now, the patrol comes by every ten minutes so we'll have to do this next part quickly. I'm then going to go across the hallway and free the woman in that cell."

"Why? Isn't she insane?"

"Hm, even if she is, having another ally can't hurt right now. She'll know more about this place than we do, and Kanaye doesn't want her to get harmed. I know that it's horrible to use her as insurance, but I don't have time to think of anything better."

"Why does time matter? I'm pretty sure that waiting a little longer would give them more time to drop their guards around us at least a little. Doesn't rushing things only make this more dangerous?"

"Yes, but in three hours, Kakashi is most likely going to arrive, and we need to be out of here before that happens."

Anzu's face lit up, "Kakashi, as in the Kakashi Hatake? The Hokage is coming? That's great news! A powerful ninja like that will get us out of here in no time."

I shook my head, "No, it's horrible news. This is a trap, and I'm the bait. I need to be out of here before Kakashi arrives. And if my predictions are correct, we have about two and a half to three hours before he gets here."

"Oh, in that case, tell me the rest of the plan already!"

I nodded, "Keep your voice down. Alright, listen up."