Chapter 8: Paperwork

I was angrily reading through scrolls. What right did Kakashi have to lecture me on my sleep schedule? Yes, I recognize that it's not the healthiest, but I'll do any thing to avoid the thoughts that I'll have when I close my eyes every night. I scoffed; I've become a cold and lonely old lady. What a happy fate.

God, I've become so much like my mother.

I pulled the yo-yo out of my pocket. I had no idea why I'd started carrying it with me everywhere lately; all it ever did was make me super depressed. But, it was like I was carrying Dad around with me, and that was something that I would always cherish.

I found myself wishing that Kakashi would stop by because then I'd no longer be lonely. He has a way of filling the deep void of aloneness inside me, and I have no idea how he does it.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. What the hell was that? Wishing that Kakashi was there with me... Had I really grown that desperate? Apparently.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I grabbed the next scroll. I had gotten a full six hours last night, and the added rest only served to make me realize just how tired I was. It was going to be another long day. My gaze drifted over the empty desks of Toukuro and Shikaku across the tiny room from me. It was going to be another lonely day as well.