Chapter 35: A Sacrifice

"Kaiyo, what is all this about a trap?" Kakashi's posture still looked as nonchalant as ever, but I could tell that he was on guard.

"I don't know why, but you're their target. All of this was to get you to come after me so that they could capture you. Oh, also, apparently my mother's still alive and she's the mysterious benefactor that we've heard so much about."

"Well, that's surprising." His eyes grazed up and down the two ninja standing in front of us, "So, what are we dealing with here, Kaiyo?"

"Kanaye seems to have a lot of skill with genjutsu so watch out for that, and the one behind him is called Oreikoku. She killed the ANBU that was stationed near my apartment without breaking a sweat. I don't know her abilities, but considering her katana, I would guess that they include kenjutsu. And she must know some sealing since that's what she did to the ANBU's corpse." Kakashi nodded, and I knew that it was time to take action. Before things got too out of hand, we'd need to make a way for Anzu and Bijonko to get out to alert Naruto and the rest of his team about our situation. "Kakashi, first things first-"

"I know." He clapped his hands together in the sign of the snake before placing both of his palms on the ground. "Earth style: Mud Wall."

A large wall erupted out of the ground, running parallel to the side of the cave and going past where Oreikoku and Kanaye were standing. There was a gap between the wall and the side of the cave that was just large enough for a single person to run through. Before either of our assailments could make a move towards destroying the freshly made escape route, Kakashi charged.

"Anzu, Bijonko, go! Remember to find Naruto Uzumaki." I shouted as they ran out of the cave through the small escape path that Kakashi had created.

Kakashi jumped back from the fray, breathing heavily, "Kaiyo, you go with them."

"No, I can't run, and besides, this is one fight that I'm not leaving."

Oreikoku smashed the mud wall, effectively removing any chances that I had of escaping, even if I had wanted to.

I walked forward, my gait even for once as I forced my hip to work the way that it should. I tightened my grip on the already bloody knife in my hand as I stood next to Kakashi.

"First Gate, Gate of Opening!"

Kakashi's eyes widened in horror as he looked over at me, "Kaiyo! What on earth compelled you to do that? Sakura said-"

"I know." I narrowed my hazel eyes in anger, "But that's not going to stop me. This is one battle that I refuse to lose, even if that means that I have to lose the ability to walk. That is something that I'm willing to sacrifice."

"Kaiyo-"

"We don't have time for this right now, Kakashi. It was my sacrifice to make, and nothing that you say can change my mind."