2

*VANESSA*

   After the 5 hour plane ride I was exhausted, and the fact that it was pitch black outside when we landed didn't help to wake me up.

   When I unlocked my phone screen I saw the time switch from 4:42 am to 1:42 am, adjusting to the new time zone. I groaned and rubbed my eyes before grabbing my small black backpack and following my mom off the plane and into the airport.

   I've made this trip only one other time, when my mom brought me to see our new house. This time around it's so weird to think that there won't be a flight back to Nevada.

   "Here we are!" My mom cheered.

   I touched her shoulder and shook my head. "Ma not so loud, please."

   "Awww is my poor baby sleepy?"

   I nodded my head and she laughed quietly. "Ok, well we will be at the hotel soon."

   Our house is an hour away from the airport and my mom knew that neither of us would want to be driving for an hour after our flight. All I want to do is curl up in a bed and close my eyes for as long as possible. We stepped onto the escalator and at first all that was in front of us was part of a wall, then the bottom floor came into view.

   My eyes landed on a neon pink poster someone was holding, and out of habit I had to read the bold black lettering on it.

   Welcome To Florida Sasha and Vanessa!! :)

   I rubbed my eyes, afraid that exhaustion was causing me to hallucinate, but nope...the poster was really there. As the moving stairs got closer to the ground I was able to focus on the woman's face and when she opened her arms I ran into them.

   I hadn't seen Ms. Roman since the day my family left Pensylvania! She was a second mom to me and her son was my best friend. Juwany. Juwany.

   I let go of Ms.Roman and my mom took my place. Holding the pink poster was a very attractive boy with highlighted hair and warm, familiar eyes.

   "Wany." I whispered, more to myself than anyone else.

   He smiled and put down the poster to wrap his arms around me. "Hi Nessa."

   "Oh my gosh look at you!" I gasped.

   "No look at you!" He replied.

   We hugged again and a few tears rolled down my face and onto Juwany's exposed shoulder due to the tank top he wore.

   "Awww don't cry! Come on, you look sleepy lets get your luggage."

   He grabbed my hand and it gave me butterflies...just like when we were children. My worry that our friendship couldn't be brought back to life faded away when I saw him wipe a tear from his own eye.

   I've missed him, and he has missed me too.