41

*GEO*

I'd just finished eating icecream when my phone started ringing, and it was someone I never expected to be calling.

"Hi Ms.Romero."

"Hi Juwany." She replied sadly.

Oh my God. Vanessa. "Is Vanessa ok!?"

"Oh yes, yes. Well...no. Physically she is fine. But emotionally...no. There's only so much a mom can do."

"What happened?"

"She's breaking. And I can't stop it. Only you can Juwany. Will you please come talk to her?"

"Yes. Of course."

I told Mario and his mom that I had to go see Vanessa and since my mom left me the car, I drove myself.

I knocked on Vanessa's front door and her mom greeted me.

"She's upstairs."

"Ok."

Benji met me at the bottom of the stairs, his stump wagging and his collar tags jingling. "Hi buddy! Hi!" I kneeled down to rub him and then made my way up to Vanessa's room. Before opening the door I could already hear her taking sharp breaths; crying.

I turned the knob and Vanessa was in her bed, hugging a pillow and hysterically crying. I took off my shoes, told Benji to go to his bed, and touched Vanessa's shoulder.

"Nessa." I said quietly.

With her body still shaking she opened her eyes and looked at me. She kept crying. I pulled the pillow out of her grasp and layed beside her. I wrapped my arms around her shaking body.

I rubbed her back and held her as close as I could. "Shhh. Nessa calm down. Please."

She squeezed me.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She whispered.

"No Vanessa. I'm sorry. You have nothing to be sorry about."

"I-I gave up. I gave up on us." She sobbed.

"You had EVERY reason to Nessa. I understand."

She pulled away from me and sat up. "No. You don't understand."

I sat up too and furrowed my brows in confusion.

"I miss you. I miss you every day. Sometimes I get mad at the thought of you, but it's only because I'm angry you aren't with me. I'm so hopelessly in love with you and I don't know how to stop it."

I gulped and looked right into her eyes. "What?"

"Juwany. I love you."

I smiled and quickly kissed her.

"I love you too Vanessa."

She sniffled. "Are you just saying it because I did?"

"No. I'm not. I really am in love with you. And I'm sorry that I hurt you Nessa."

She layed down and I layed down too, holding her as close to me as I could. I wiped her tears with the sleeve of my shirt.

"Can I have a second chance?" I asked quietly.

"ONE. So please don't screw it up." She replied.

One chance is all I need. I won't mess up again. Never in a million years did I think there was ANY chance of us getting back together...but gosh I am so thankful right now.

I kissed her forhead and she smiled.

"Goodnight Juwany."

"Goodnight Vanessa. I love you."

She gave me a quick kiss and settle back into her comfy spot.

"I love you more." She whispered.