46

*VANESSA*

The venu was full of people. Designers, photographers, managers, family, friends, and even fans. The boys were allowed to invite 40 fans for free, to the release party.

Bryan, the creator of the fashion line, got on stage and gave a speech about the company, and then let all of his models go up and speak. Outside of the twins, Mario, and Juwany, I didn't recognize anyone up there. After each of the guys spoke, they started walking off of the stage...except Juwany.

He cleared his throat and it was heard throughout the room, because of his mic.

"First I want to thank Bryan for letting me do this tonight. Vanessa can you come up here please?"

Oh my God why?

The entire room was watching me and I nearly covered my face. I nodded my head and walked slowly, and carefully up the stage step, terrified of twisting my ankle in the heels I wore. I could already feel my face getting warm.

"Look, she's already blushing." Juwany laughed.

He looked so handsome in his white button up shirt, black pants, and dress shoes, it was making me feel even more nervous. Juwany grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek.

"Vanessa, there is something I've been thinking about a lot, and I have a question."

"Oh God." I laughed nervously. "I'm too young to get married." I said, into his mic.

The crowd laughed and I relaxed a little bit. I knew a few faces in the crowd, but most of them were strangers that I knew nothing about.

"Nessa. We've been through a lot as a couple. I travel a lot and sometimes I just make stupid mistakes. But I want to make it up to you. 1..2..3..go!"

9 fans in the front row held up neon pink signs with dark black lettering.

STAY
AMAZIN'
AND
GO
TO
PROM
WITH
ME
?

For some reason my first reaction was to cry. My eyes started stinging with tears and the posters got blurry. I thought Juwany didn't wanna go to my prom, so I pretended I didn't want to either. But really, I've dreamt about Prom since 6th grade and never thought I'd have a boyfriend to go with.

"Is that a no?" Juwany laughed, holding the mic out to me.

"Juwany. I-I would love to go to prom with you! Of course!"

The crowd clapped and cheered and Juwany wrapped his arms around me. With the mic away from our mouths he kissed my cheek.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too." I whispered back.

He let go of me and cheered. "We're going to prom guys!" He said happily into the mic.

"Woo!" I heard Cat shout. "KISS HER ALREADY!"

I gave Cat my most severe glare, but broke eye contact when Juwany squeezed my hand. He smiled and gave me a peck on the lips, knowing I'm not too comfortable with PDA.

We stepped off the stage together and for the rest of the night I couldn't stop smiling. I have a boyfriend who loves me, and we're going to prom together.