49

*GEO*

Everyone came at me with frosting covered fingers and I had to take it like a man as they smeared it all over my face.

"Happy birthday Juwany!" My mom yelled.

"Thanks." I groaned.

After the face painting was over I ran upstairs to rinse all the icing off my face.

Someone knocked softly on the bathroom door. "Juwany."

I smiled. Nessa.

"Come in babe."

I dried my face with a towel and grabbed her hand. "I'm done."

I started pulling her toward the door, but she squeezed my hand, so I stopped.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, worried now.

"No babe. Everything is fine. It's just...Ya know, I'll be busy shopping with Cat and my mom tomorrow so I probably won't see you. And you know how I feel about PDA. Can I have a kiss?"

I grabbed her other hand and laughed. "Babe. You snuck away from the party to kiss me?"

"I know. It's stupid."

"No. It's cute."

I leaned towards her and smiled once more before allowing our lips to touch and move in sync.

I pulled away and touched her cheek.

"Happy birthday, Love." She whispered.

I get this weird tingling when she calls me "Love". It's my favorite nickname.

"You're welcome, Love." I said back. "C'mon. Lets go before people get suspicious."

We walked downstairs hand in hand and easily snuck back into the crowd without anyone really noticing. In just 2 days Vanessa is going to be gone, on the other side of the country.

I am so thankful to have her here tonight, I'm sure there's packing she could be doing instead. But as always, she came through, for me.