23

*GEO*

I remember just a few months ago feeling depressed a lot, but when Vanessa and her mom came to Florida, and the summer tour happened, I started feeling better.

NOW, having Vanessa in my life as a girlfriend...I feel like I'm happy all the time. I've only been home for a few days, but I already miss everyone; especially Vanessa. I'm finally gonna see her today, after 5 days.

"You guys are cute together, I can tell you really like her." My mom told me.

"I do."

We turned onto Vanessa's street and I was already excited. My mom pulled into the driveway and I hopped out.

"Bye ma." I told her.

"Bye baby, I'll pick you up before dinner."

"Ok. Love you mom."

"Love you too."

I walked up to the front door and knocked. Ms.Romero's new black truck was in the driveway, so I wasn't surprised when she was the one who answered the door.

"Hi Juwany, noce seeing you again."

We hugged, and I stepped inside.

"We're getting ready to go right now. Vanessa should be down in a second." She said.

"Ok."

I sat on a couch in the living room and waited for Vanessa to come downstairs. We're on our way to a pet adoption center. Vanessa's been asking her mom for a dog since she was little, but her dad always said they move too much to manage a dog. Now...they aren't moving anymore.

I heard Vanessa's door close and jumped to my feet.

"Juwany!" She cheered. I was caught off guard when she threw her arms around my neck and kissed me, but it didn't bother me.

We kissed until I heard Ms Romero clear her throat and laugh. Wow...that kiss was...amazing.

"Ready to go? Or do you kids need a minute?" She laughed.

"Ready." I answered.

We walked out to the car and I sat in the middle row with Nessa.

I pulled my seatbelt across my chest and buckled it. "So you said you have an appointment? What does that mean?"

"Basically you tell them what kind of dog you're interested in, then they get all the ones they think you'll like, put them in a room, and you choose." She shrugged. "That's it."

"Oh. Cool."

"Mhmm." She smiled, clearly excited.

When we got to the pet center we were lead into a room with about 10 dogs, all different ages, sizes, and breeds. There is NO WAY you can be surrounded by so many dogs and not smile.

I immediately fell to my knees and started petting a pug who was curious about me.

"Hi buddy." I greeted him.

Then two other dogs came over to join me and I rubbed them all; while Vanessa gave a belly rub to a beautiful gray Pitbull. Man oh man, I could stay here forever!