Chapter 2

Standing in front of me was one of the hottest men that I have EVER seen. He was at least 6’9’’, had sunkissed skin, messy dirty blond hair, a strong jawline, and the most stunning green eyes that I have ever seen. His muscular physique turned me on more than I thought possible.

When I finally looked back up in his eyes, I noticed that he was staring at my breasts. I suddenly remembered that I was standing in a thin silk robe in front of a stranger and my self-consciousness started to kick in. I’m the total opposite of a “Barbie” or a “Baddie.” The huge lump of flesh that I declare as myself is made up of Double D breasts, huge hips, and thick thighs. The fashion styles of today are only to enhance the pixie sticks walking down Rodeo Drive and are not fit for a “real woman in the real world” as my mother would say.

My face turned beet red when I realized that he was still staring. I finally coughed to get his attention and stepped aside to let him through the door. He walked through the house like he owned the place and made himself comfortable on the sofa.

I sat down timidly and tried to think of something that would spark a conversation, but I had gotten cottonmouth. I couldn’t form any words. Every time I would try and make an effort, it feels as if my tongue would swell up. The strange, yet beautiful, man noticed my struggle and started laughing. Giving him the death glare, I tried to ignore the slight butterflies floating in my stomach watching his beautiful smile.

He slid closer to me, grabbed my chin and turned my head so we were facing each other. I could feel the electrifying heat coming from the touch of the pad of his fingers caressing my face. I knew that he felt it too. I saw it in his eyes; his wolf. My wolf started to stir and awaken when she noticed what’s occurring. She became overjoyed, trying to claw and pry her way out in excitement. She finally settled down but she wasn’t finished.

Mate. Mate. Mate.

She kept chanting over and over again.

Mate!

“I am Dmitrius. We spoke on the phone earlier. I know we did because I would remember a beautiful voice such as yours.” Oh gosh, he knows exactly what to say.

“Yeah, I’m Isabella; it’s nice to meet you. I’m not trying to sound rude here but what made you stop by? We have already said what we needed to say and I told you I would relay the message to my aunt.”

“Yes we did, sweetheart. But your aunt, Ms. Mary holds a very special place in my heart.”

“Oh God, please don’t tell me you’re one of her men too?!” He smirked at my interruption and shook his head.

“No, no babygirl. She has been a mother figure to me and my brothers. Ms. Mary and the Mr. John used to work at the pack house. She eventually became our babysitter and they would let us sleepover here during the weekends since they didn’t have any children of their own. On Friday nights, we would come over for dinner. With Mr. John gone, we still keep up with the tradition and come over to spend some time with her. But for some reason, London wants to have dinner at the pack house tonight.”

“Who’s London?”

“London is my older brother, the Alpha. Now as Beta, I’m very protective by nature and I wanted to see if what you were saying is true. That you in fact are her niece.”

 “Well, I will surely tell Aunt Mary about the change of plans when she returns from rehearsal.” I was hinting that he should leave. He was so hot and gorgeous, he looked as if he was carved out of the finest marble by high ranking angels; he was making me uncomfortable. Fortunately he took the hint and stood up to leave. I mimicked his steps and followed him to the door. Before turned the door knob, he spun around so fast that my head spun. Firmly gripping my wrist, Dmitrius pulled me up against his hard, toned body. His strong hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer. Chest to chest. Before I could say one word, he bent down and started nibbling on my ear. “Mate. Mate. Mate. My beautiful, sexy, adorable mate.”

Resisting the moan trying to escape my throat, I attempted to pull away, but he wouldn’t let go. If anything, his grip only tightened. “I have to go change.” I was hoping that that would be a sufficient enough excuse for him to part from me.

“Sorry babe. I just couldn’t let you go. You feel so good in my arms.” Kissing me on the cheek, he turned back around. “I hope to see you at dinner tonight as well.” With that he walked through the door and made his way to his car.

A piece of my heart went with him.

On wobbly legs, I made my way upstairs and drifted off to sleep.