Chapter 23

Days turned into weeks and there was still no sign of Aunt Mary. I was becoming scared and frantic because I didn’t want to lose her.

She was the only blood family that I had left.

Every day went like clockwork. Have breakfast with Lance and Jacob, take on a few clients, lunch with the boys, and finally roaming and cleaning the house to keep myself occupied.

Lance and Jacob were great, at times. They honestly became little brothers in my eyes, but oh how they can be annoying! When they’re not cooking our meals, they’re sitting in my office while I’m taking clients and following me around the house! Like everywhere!

At first, it was cute and adorable. But now, it’s damn near annoying! Crazy aggravating hormonal tweens who claim that since I’m their Luna, they will constantly stand by and serve me.

“Technically I’m not your Luna since the guys haven’t bitten me yet.” I smirked and made my way into the kitchen for breakfast.

“Well we already know that you all mated because who can resist and pretty woman like you!” Lance cooed me as if I was a five year old and guided me towards the island where we normally sit for breakfast.

“Now, hush and let us serve you breakfast!” Jacob concluded. I sat down with a fake smile on my face and watched them turn around to start cooking.

Once their eyes weren’t on me, I let my façade fall.

Their food tastes horrible! I mean on the first day, they’ve cooked runny eggs and burnt toast and from then on, it just got worse.

Which was why I was surprised when a smoky and seasoned smell filled my nostrils.

When I finished saying grace, I whipped my head up and quickly opened my eyes to see hot sausages with cheese on toast and Eggs Benedict being carried by Jacob.

My mouth was watering and by the time my plate was placed in front of me, I dove in. Yeah I’m a fattie so sue me. I was in heaven.

*

“Wow, that was the best y’all have ever cooked!”

The boys blushed and bumped fists before collecting the plates.

A few minutes later, Lance and I were sitting in my office going over my schedule of clients for the day while Jacob was waiting by the front door for the first person.

“Hm, Mrs. and Lisa Gathrie…I wonder why it’s a mother-daughter session today…” I mumbled to myself. I hope it wasn’t a dispute between them, I remember my last argument with my mother and to this day, I wish I could’ve taken it back…

“L..L..lisa?” Lance blushed.

“Yeah….? Why?” I teased. “Do you like her?”

It was so cute how his face became redder than before. “Um…kinda? Izzy, she is soooo freaking beautiful and I think that she’s my mate but she’s so shy she hasn’t made eye contact with me or anyone else! I have to make her see me!”

“AW! My widdle bruddas got a crwush!” I laughed in a baby voice while hugging him.

He blushed harder and waved me off before he went to open the door that led into my office.

Jacob stepped in first followed by a brown skinned woman and a smaller version of the woman only thing is she kept her head down and her shoulders closed in on herself; I could tell that she was insecure and I immediately wanted to help her.

Now the boys were standing in the corner wearing blushes on both of their faces while I led the mother and daughter to the seats.

“Good morning ladies, how may I help you?”

“Well Miss Kent, it’s my ex husband and mate, Lisa’s father,” she paused and patted Lisa on the shoulder; I saw her flinch. “He’s been contacting us again and I’m in fear the lives of my daughter and myself. Once I found him cheating on me, he broke off in a rage and just attacked me out of nowhere. After a year of putting up with his abuse and threats, Lisa and I left and joined this pack. We chose this pack because it is farthest away from his and..?”

“His?” I inquired.

“Well you see, he’s the Alpha of the pack…” she mumbled. “And I’m afraid that he’ll end up coming for us to kill us. We desperately need your help.”

Immediately I saw the twins tense up and pissed off expressions on their faces and moved in protective stances around Lisa, who was now trembling; hm, maybe they’re both her mates.

“Well, my mates are quite busy at the moment but I’m certain that they will be fine if you stayed with us for a while until the matter with your ex is resolved. Ok?”

“Yes, thank you so much Luna!” Mrs. Gathrie said while reaching out to hug me.

“You’re welcome ma’am, I can call one of the house staff members to come and take you and Lisa to a room.”

“Again thank you so much, may I step out to use the restroom?” I gave her the directions to the bathroom and she left with a pep in her step and a smirk on her face…something’s up.

Once she left, I quickly called one of the protectors of the house and had him follow her to make sure she isn’t doing anything sketchy.

Turning my attention towards little Lisa, I saw that the boys were overwhelming her. Lance was on her right playing with her fingers while Jacob caressed her face.

“Oh come on love, let us see your beautiful face. We know that you feel the sensation of us touching you.” Lance whispered.

She finally gave in and lifted her face towards the boys with a slight blush on her cheeks.

She is so beautiful and looks perfect for the boys. I saw them make eye contact with her and suddenly they pulled her into their arms showering her with sweet kisses. Wanting to give them some privacy, I left the office and started walking around the house.

It was so beautiful and I was happy that my little brothers found their mate; I’m also sad because it reminded me of my mates and I. They’ve been so busy searching and tracking, I haven’t seen any of them in two days.

I miss Jolvien’s sweet hugs, Alexi’s dirty antics, Dmitrius’ passion, and London’s stability.

My babies are gone and I want them back.

*****

Sorry for being gone for so long. If I'm not at work, I'm in class. If I'm not in class, I'm at church lol.

Well tell me what you think!

Picture of little Lisa on the side.

Bye!