Chapter 27

Hi, I'm back! Hope you guys enjoy this new chapter!

The book is coming to an end :( Sad, I know. It has at least 5 more chapters left. Once it's finished, I'll go back to edit...eventually.

Read on!

***

Isabella’s P.O.V.

“Hello Mr. and Mrs. Alston, please have a seat.” The middle aged couple both shook my hand and sat down and the chairs facing my desk. “What can I do for you today?” They both stared at each other, or more like glared, for some time before turning around to face me.

“My husband is useless.” Before I could ask her to elaborate, they both just started shouting. It had gotten to the point where she took her shoe off. She was about to throw it at his face.

“STOP.” They quieted down immediately and sat back in their seats. “Now, tell me why Mr. Alston doesn’t satisfy you.”

Nearly an hour later, the Alston’s situation has been resolved. I had gone back to taking in clients from the pack. The only reason I was allowed because there had been an increase in guards around the pack house and Lance and Jacob stood at the door that led to my office.

I had expected the boys to play around and be a disturbance to my clients. But after learning what happened to Lisa, they became more mature and protective. After Lisa gave me the retelling of her horrendous story, the twins haven’t left her side. And if they did, they weren’t away for long.

Once the Alston’s left, I put away some files and headed into the living room to watch TV with Lisa. She was sitting on the end of the couch in silence. She’s been silent after speaking with London and the boys. I feel so bad for her and all she had to go through. When all of this is over, Lisa will become a part of my family and hopefully all the things from her past will disappear.

The evening was very quiet. Hardly anyone spoke at dinner. After dinner, Jacob and Lance took Lisa to their room and I stayed downstairs cuddled with my guys. This moment was bliss and I took advantage of it. They have been so busy tracking down Lisa’s father.

The moment Lisa had finished telling them about her parents plan, they found Mrs. Guthrie and locked her in a cell with 24 hour watch. They tied her hands and feet to the bed and placed silver on her bare legs and abdomen in hopes of placing her in so much pain that 1: she won’t think about messaging Jason through the bond and 2: Jason can feel every single moment of pain that she’s in and he’ll come running; that’s when he’ll be trapped.

 The whole ordeal wrapped me in a bundle of nerves and the guys sensed it. Dmitrius sat me on his lap and gently rubbed circles on my back and softly kissed my neck. We all sat in silence and were content.

*

The silence was broken the sound of the front door breaking down followed by guards. Dmitrius stood me up and placed me in the corner with me behind his back.

I was shocked by all the commotion but I was even more shocked by the voice I heard.

“If y’all don’t get ya fat asses of me, Imma break every bone in y’all body!” Aunt Mary?

I peeked over Dmitrius’ shoulder and lo and behold, there she was. “Aunt Mary!” I ran over to hug her and quickly pulled back at the stitch. “Where have you been? And why do you smell like that?”

By the time I pulled back, Lisa and the twins came downstairs to check on the commotion. She chuckled and kissed me on the cheek before turning around to face the rest of her audience.

“Boys, there’s something I have to tell you.”

*

Mary’s P.O.V.

“I was being held hostage. Harry, the guy that I went out on a few days with lied to me. He took me from my home and I was trapped in a cabin. It took me hours to find my way back. If I hadn’t changed into my wolf, I would still be out there searching for home.”

Isabella looked so sad and emotional. It took all of my strength to not run over there and ensure her that I’m alright. Alexi must have sensed it too because he threw his arm over her shoulder and kissed her temple. I smiled at the gentle motion. They both looked so happy. I had hoped that that could’ve been Harry and I but that notion is over.

“Harry held me hostage for his Alpha. All I know is that his name is Jason. I guess I was a pawn? Maybe he wanted to get to the pack through me? I don’t know. When Harry first told me about Jason, I remembered something. When you all were youngins, your father was about to wage war on Mr. Guthrie’s, Jason’s grandfather, pack.

Apparently, Guthrie was rounding up rogues and paid them to attack and destroy neighboring packs so he can gain control. When your father heard of this, he and his best warriors out and slaughtered all of the rogues and pack members who were involved. Your father saved Guthrie for last. He literally tortured and beat Guthrie to the point of death. All of his bones were broken so he couldn’t shift. They left him there to die.”

A young girl sitting in between the twin boys spoke up. “Yes! That must be why my father wants revenge. I heard him speaking with my mother one night. He said that my great grandfather was dying but before he passed, he told my father what happened. That’s the only reason I can think of.”

“Well, I guess we know what’s next.” London stood up and called all of the warriors who doubled as guards into the room. “Troy, I want you to take 5 other warriors and back trace Mary’s scent. Hopefully it will lead you back to the place she had been kept in. Jason may even show up. If he does, lock him down and wait for my call for further instructions.”

Troy nodded, patted his sons and new daughter, Lisa, on the shoulders, chose his 5 men and they quickly left the room. “I want the rest of you to head over to Jason’s pack and do whatever you have to do to find out where that bastard is.”

Isabella’s P.O.V.

London looked back down at me. He cradled my face in his arms and kissed my lips. “I will protect you. I promise nothing will come to harm you. When this is all over, we will mate you and finally you will take your place as Luna of this pack.”

With one final kiss, London and my other mates left and headed to the conference room and Jacob and Lance took Lisa back upstairs.

“Well sweetie, I guess it’s just me and you!” Chuckling with Aunt Mary, we sat back on the couch.

The night consisted of an impromptu girls night. I’m just so happy that she’s back. And once this Jason guy is caught, this pack can finally be in peace.