1~FRANCIS-Rest

I pace around the room

I pace around the room. Four months and she still hasn't woken up...Thor knows something, but he is not willing to tell... Each day I wait patiently in the room where Torrun lays in her glass box. Soon it will be time for my daily training session with Fandral. I hate to leave...what if this is the moment when she wakes up... I was gravely wounded in my fight with Doom almost to the point of death. I would have died if Torrun had not brought me here, to Asgard. The Asgardian healers were the only thing that kept me from death. Though they got to me to a stable condition, they could not fully heal my wounds. So after it healed I got to enjoy their version of physical therapy, training.

I walk up to the glass that surrounds her. Please wake up... Her hair is spread out around her head like a beautiful headdress. As if that were not enough Thor had adorned her head with a crown inlaid with many stones and jewelry. Ever since she has been asleep she has never eaten nor drank anything. How is that she is able to survive?

I have to concentrate to keep myself from crying and getting emotional. Did she end up like this for me? Why is she like this?

I hear gentle footsteps behind me. That would be Fandral...here to collect me for my daily lessons... I quickly turn and address him.

"My Lord. I am ready."

He laughs and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"As I've said before Francis, there's need for so much formality! Save it for the king!" He cheerily responds.

I can't help but smile. I like Fandral...we get along well...He has been so kind to me... I pull the staff that is swung around my back so that I am holding it in both hands. It is nothing like Mom's battle staves, but it is better than nothing...

"Let's go"

Fandral nods and starts to walk.

"You sure are anxious to leave today! Is it that you are anxious to leave so that you may return sooner?" he asks.

I smile and nod. He guessed correctly...

We walk in silence out to the training grounds. I feel a pang of guilt as my thoughts turn to James.
I wonder what he is up to? He would understand why I couldn't leave...I might never see her again...He would understand that...I am sure he is fine!

During my stay here Fandral has been teaching me various forms of combat. He obviously doesn't understand that I am quite skilled with a bow and staff so he considers himself my mentor and believes I have much to learn. The truth is I have been concealing my abilities for the opportune moment when he is caught off guard and I can surprise him. Even though these are dark times and terrible days I can still find time for a prank...

"Alright my young...what was it you called yourself? A Padawan? Hmmm...well anyways...let us begin!"

What do you guys think has happened to Torrun? (There were small hints in the previous book and I am eager to see if you guys caught any of them)

Any comments? If you liked it I would appreciate it if you clicked the little star (: Thx