15~FRANCIS~United

Dedicated to marvelous_author and francisxbarton I think you've been looking forward to this chapter. Thanks for helping me get here!

I really need coffee right now. Coffee and pizza. I haven't had either for so long that I can hardly remember what they taste like. I know I love them, but we've been separated for so long that I've forgotten exactly what they taste likes I remember the memories of bliss when I bit into that soft and delicious crust or drank that black liquid, but I could not explain the sensation my tastebuds gave me. With news as tragic as this only pizza and coffee is the remedy.

I've been laying on the ground in an area void of pottery shards in Torrun's chamber ever since Thor explained her exact predicament. The situation is so dire that it has given me a splitting headache and I feel my normal optimism melting away. I'm probably suffering a little bit of shock if I had to give myself a self-diagnosis. How are we supposed to save her from a being that we can't kill? The Ruler of the Underworld to be exact....

I close my eyes and try to slow my breathing down. Thor couldn't give me any hopeful news other than the fact that we have a daring plan to put in to action tomorrow with a low chance of success. But any chance is worth it.... Well on the bright side, I don't think things could get any worse.....

Beautiful, why couldn't you just be taking an extremely long nap? I wish she could hear me. If I'm worried and stressed I can't imagine how she feels right now.  Forced to resort to telepathy to converse..... I sincerely hope that she is not in any form of pain. Will she be the same when she wakes up?

One thing gives me energy. I don't know how, but I am going to make Hela pay. She is going to feel pain like she could never imagine..... She's never seen the wrath of Francis Barton.

There is a crackle as someone steps on the broken pieces of pottery. I jerk to an upright position and relax when I see a familiar face.

"Fandral, Dude, What's up?" I ask.

"His highness has requested your presence in the great hall. There are some visitors that claim to know you."

I quickly get up from the floor and practically leap to the doorway. I don't know anyone on Asgard? But who would come from earth? There is no sense in wondering when I could just as easily find out by going with Fandral.

"Alright. Lead the way."

We walk through the halls, but I have the desire to run. Perhaps there will be some good news!!! After what seems like a small eternity we reach the doors to the throne room. The guards open the door and the first thing I see is a familiar head of red hair.

"JAMES!" I take of running towards my best friend and I tackle him. James starts to laugh so I let him go.

"You're alive!" He says stating the obvious. And you wonder why I am convinced you should be called Captain Obvious....

"Of course. It takes a lot more than Doctor Doom to kill a Barton. We don't go down easy."

"Glad to hear it!" He says.

I then feel a hand on my shoulder. When I turn I find Azari smiling, obviously glad to see me.

"Hey man." I say to Azari as I offer him my hand for a handshake. He gladly takes it and shakes his head.

"It is so good to see you."

"Same to you."

There is one last figure standing here. I would recognize that face anywhere.

"Girl who punched me. What on Midgard are you doing?"

Yes I've adapted my slang with Asgardian. Don't judge...I've been teaching some of the residents earth lingo, but I've had to convert some words for mutual understanding....

"This is a rescue mission! -And you call that a punch? I was trying to not hurt you! If you want to give it another go I'd be more than willing." She says with an agitated look on her face. She crosses her arms and takes a defensive stance.

Janes steps in between us.

"Cool it you two. We'll explain it later."

Mighty quick to defend her James....What is this, redheads United? Thor can probably tell that we all know each other, but it is probably best that I just give him verbal confirmation.

"These are my friends....most of them are." I say with a final lingering glance on the girl with the maroon hair.

She rolls her eyes in response, but doesn't say anything. Thor steps down from his throne in greeting.

"Welcome, to the realm of Asgard. You must be the other children of the Avengers."

James gives a slight bow to show respect and I see Azari cast his eyes downward, but the girl stands straight up and looks at Thor not the least bit afraid. James scans the room, searching for the one person who he know to be missing. When he realizes that she is not present his eyes fill with worry and he looks directly at me.

"Where is Torrun?"

A/N: Hey guys! I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN THE UPDATE. This week has been C R A Z Y  so I didn't have much time to write ): According to my schedule updates will be every Friday from this point on!

OH MY WORD. LEGACY reached 15k thanks so much guys!!!!!!! :D Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!