7-FRANCIS~Twisted

*I have selected Greer Grammer as Torrun's faceclaim. This chapter is dedicated to marvelous_author  *

I stare into the glass "box" that contains Torrun. Her chest rises and falls with the steady beat of her breathing. It's like I am living a fairytale. A twisted fairytale at that... I mean it has all the components of a fairytale. The beautiful maiden asleep in a glass cage, a medieval castle, and...well I'm not a prince, but I suppose "the valiant archer" will be enough...

I long to see a smile cross her face again. To hear her laugh....

I stand up from the chair I had pulled to the side of the box so I could sit beside her and wait.

How long am I willing to stay here? She wouldn't want me to die in waiting....

I have so many things to ponder. Things that could utterly change my future. I think of what I have left behind on earth. James, Azari, and Pym... Perhaps Thor would allow me to send them a message, so that they at least know I survived. If I left Asgard, would Thor let me return once she awakens?

I straighten the cloak I wear so that it is no longer tight around my neck. The clothing style here in Asgard is so different from Earth. I can honestly say I miss my good ole' t-shirt and jeans. Most of all, I miss music and coffee. I don't know how I have survived for so long without coffee. I practically live off the stuff.

With my hand placed on her glass case I notice that her cheeks are flushed with color. Was that there before? I could have sworn she was pale. It must be my imagination...

"Don't give yourself false hope" I mutter to myself. I cross over to the balcony and peer over the city of Asgard. The city gleams with a golden light and I can see people bustling around with their everyday lives. I have excellent eyesight, so I am able to clearly see the events in the street. To my amusement, there is a little boy running around. I focus on him.

He is dashing from place to place as if to try and get the attention of every adult passing by. He's certainly caught my eye.... His little feet move quickly as he tries his best to turn a corner. To my amusement he bumps straight into a wall. Unhurt, he tumbles to the ground and then quickly gets back up again. I feel myself cheering him on as he tries to climb the wall, so he can walk alongst the top. Unfortunately for him, the wall is too high. I find myself chuckling as I watch the ongoing drama of the child trying to make his way to the top.

Boy vs Wall.... After about four minutes of struggling to climb to the top. He gives up and tries another tactic. Because obviously a ladder was out of the question... He starts running again, but this time he runs into a woman carrying a large bucket of water. Oooohhhh this is gonna be good... The result is perfectly disastrous. The boy and the woman go crashing to the ground and the water sloshes out of the bucket and soaks both the woman and the kid.

I start laughing so hard that a single tear falls from my eye. I notice Fandral come and stand beside me.

"What is so funny?" he asks.

At this moment, the boy and the woman are laying on the ground seemingly still in shock about what just happened to them. The boy's mouth is open and I hear a slight shriek of surprise.

"Do you see his face?" I reply to Fandral.

Fandral seems a bit confused as he looks over the balcony in search of the source of my laughter.

"Nevermind." I reply. He probably wouldn't see it or he might not think it is funny....

There is a slight clank as the hilt of Fandral's sword comes into contact with the metal railing. He leans over the balcony and breathes deeply as he surveys the area.

"Do you miss Midgard?" he asks.

It has taken me a little while to get used to the Asgardian dialect, but I understand that he is trying to get me to open up about my life on earth.

"Yeah. I miss earth."

"I am curious. Why is it that you choose to stay in Asgard? You could return home at any moment. You have healed completely and are no longer in need of Asgardian care."

He knows why I am staying...maybe he just doesn't believe it....He must want to hear it from my own mouth...

"I won't leave her side."

Well...I guess I made my decision....I am staying in Asgard...

Any comments? If you liked it I would appreciate it if you clicked the little star (: Thx