19~LOKI-Oh Daughter of Mine

Introducing Poppy Drayton as Hel or Hela

Introducing Poppy Drayton as Hel or Hela. Whichever you prefer (:

Quick Note:
For "Destiny" I have elected to go with the storyline where "Leah of Hel" is revealed to be a younger version of Hel (Comics). She will still have the personality of an older Hel, but will still retain some of her younger personality. [Some real quick comic book background for those of you who don't read them so much, Hel has a cloak that gives her strength. If it is taken from her she will resume her half-corpse form. The backstory of how she received her "powers" and the cloak are an original creation by me. The comics do not say much about her origins.]

A young girl plays among the ruins...Her hair, like the darkness of the night swirls and spins with each movement of her dance....her green cloak cascades behind her, a shadow to envelope her form....this child of mischief destined to reign over the death she so despised.....

''Loki!"

I am stirred from my reminiscence and focus that was essential to the creation of this spell. I open my eyes and look past my outstretched palms. There, swirling on the ground, is the portal that will take Amora and I to the realm of the dead. It is not easy to create a doorway from nothing. Especially when it is a destination that those among the living are not supposed to enter. Thor would never be able to manage such a feat if not for "his" Bifrost....

Amora's dainty hand rests on my shoulder. She is probably consumed by thoughts of the confrontation with Hel that is to come....Our daughter has never been particularly fond of us...Hela was the result of a union that Odin greatly disapproved of. He was never my father so he deserved none of my respect when it came to choosing a bride. Perhaps he feared that our child would one day become more powerful than the blithering idiot he was pleased to call his son. Hela was gifted in the arts of magic, dark magic. Even Amora and I dared to not teach her all that we knew. I would not be a slave to my offspring.  Odin, from the confines of his cowardly refuge, cursed my daughter from afar. He needed a pawn to watch over his prison for those he deemed unworthy of Vahalla. Someone to rule his realm of eternal death. The one who reigns Nifleheim is as much a prisoner as those condemned. Hel, on the day of her maturity, would gain unnatural powers over death and become a living wraith who could never leave the dark realm. Odin never imagined his act of cowardice would be the cause of more chaos than he could imagine.

It is the fault of Amora and I that Hela rose to such great power. She could not have crafted that cloak alone. Odin's curse gave her a form that was half-corpse and half living. It was in that state that she was weak and nearly powerless. I saw an opportunity to gain an advantage, an alliance of sorts. Amora and I wove a cloak of pure magic before her very eyes. This cloak is a symbol of a vow that she swore in blood to fulfill. The cloak hides her deceased form and restores her to full strength. In his times of Odin's weakness, my daughter would scheme and manipulate to put herself into positions of power. She became his adversary, a force to be reckoned with for he could not kill that which he had made. For though we are different we have the same goals in mind... She never ages and she has never changed her ways.