21~TONY-Never Been Good With Rules

This chapter is dedicated to goldblossom .

S.H.I.E.L.D tech is awful. I've been waiting for ages to our program to go through. Who knows how many hours Pym and I have waisted hovering over his pitiful little laptop in this tiny closet of a room. I can't work in this environment anymore. We don't have time for this...

"Get up," I order the black haired boy whose face is extremely close to the screen.

"What?" His voice is laced with confusion, but he doesn't bother too look up.

"We're leaving."

He rolls the chair back and watches me as I get out of my seat.

"What?" He repeats.

"Don't you want to actually accomplish something?" I ask, hoping he will just comply rather than insisting I reason with him.

"Aren't we doin-"

"No. We need better tech and I happen to have an entire mansion accesible." I say, referring to the huge building that literally has my name on it.

Henry starts to get excited. He stands up quickly and walks towards the door. I take one last drink of my coffee before joining him.

Fury isn't going to like this...I don't have clearance to take Henry with me or permission from Nick Fury to remove him from the S.H.I.E.L.D base. In fact I'm disobeying his direct order to not remove Henry from this environment...I've never been to good with rules....Besides, Nick will know exactly where to find me....I've just got to get Henry out....

"Just a minute,'' I say while rushing back to the computer.

Just because we can't defeat Ultron from here doesn't mean I can't help our escape go unnoticed... I punch in some lines of code that should knock out all of the cameras in the base for about five minutes which is all we will need to leave.

"We need to go." Henry says.

He had been watching over my shoulder as I programmed the computer. He must have been familiar with the code and recognized it. We exit the room and walk purposefully through the halls. No one tries  to stop us, but we do get some odd glances from agents who apparently are intrigued by my presence. And why I am with a kid....

We round the corner and come face to face with our final obstacle, the control panel that keeps the door to the parking garage locked. I suppose I could try to disable it, but that might take too long. Henry, Henry can do it...

"Can you disable it?" I ask while gesturing to the panel that is jutting from the wall.

Henry extends his arm and emits a few quick pulses of yellow energy from his fist. The panel starts to spark and their is a crackle as it bursts into flames.

"That should do it." I say as I ignore the flames and start to pull open the door. It slides open and at last we have no more obstructions. I touch my watch and instruct it to unlock the car and start the engine. My sleek red sports car is obvious amongst the otherwise grey and black sedans.

"I'm assuming that's your car," Henry mutters as he starts to walk towards the passenger's side.

"Yup." I take one last glance over my shoulder before pulling the door open and sliding into my seat. Sorry bout' this Nick...

Fury is resilient...He'll get over this, in fact he will probably thank me later...I maneuver the vehicle out of the parking garage and onto the road. I drive with precision and speed, the greater distance I put between S.H.I.E.L.D. the greater chance I have of out running them. Its not that they don't know where I am going...I just need to get there before they can stop us...

Henry is deathly quiet beside me and I have no desire to have idle chatter. I have much to ponder and think through.

"Get some rest kid," I say without taking my eyes off the road. "You'll need it."

He opens his mouth to counter my suggestion, but closes it, instead choosing to recline in the chair and close his eyes.

Smart kid...

The roads are practically empty due to the earlier hour of our departure. Traffic is does not provide any form of barrier in my rush to get to the airport where my jet is waiting.

Sorry for the slow updates...this week has been CRAZY.... What did you think? How was the Tony POV?