23-MAYDAY-Another Day In The Life Of Your Average Everyday Spider-Girl

Introducing Natalia Dyer as May "Mayday" Parker.
Quick note: I've had to edit the chapter where the Next Avengers go through the portal to Asgard. Petra was on her phone for a brief moment. I've added that detail in the chapter, but I thought it best to tell you here too (:

 I've added that detail in the chapter, but I thought it best to tell you here too (:

30 seconds until freedom....I watch the clock as the seconds pass by each moment....Three, two, one... The bell rings and I grab my black backpack from the floor. Before Mrs. Greyer even has time to put the cap on her marker I have exited the room and left Algebra I behind me. Lockers slam shut and students chatter loudly as the school day has come to a close. I keep my head down and push my way through the mass of people crammed into this tiny hall.

"Hey, Parker!"A voice from behind calls my name.

All the more reason to move faster... I pretend like I didn't hear him calling my name and thrust my way into the crowd. When I finally reach my locker I fumble with the dial, trying to open it before he reaches me. All I need is my duffel bag...my History textbook...and Chemistry...I can't forget Chem....sophomore year is a piece of cake...My locker swings open and sling my duffel bag over my shoulder before grabbing my textbooks and binders. I feel a tickling in the back of my mind. Oh blast it...He found me... I slowly turn around and push my locker closed behind me. Click.

"Paarker!" The blond boy says to me while leaning on my personal locker.

I roll my eyes and resist the urge to jump to the ceiling and crawl away. It's not that Ethan is mean...I'm just not in the mood today....

"What do you want Ethan?" I say, feigning ignorance. I know exactly what he wants...

"You got plans after school?" He asks with a playful grin and his eyebrows raised.

"I plan to stay as far away from you as possible." A smirk crosses my face as I respond.

"Come on Parker! The gang and I are going to go see that new Star Wars movie...even Anne agreed to go!"

Of course...a couple weeks ago it was coffee now it's a film....

My converse squeak across the tile as I turn and start to walk away. Nice try Ethan...I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon...just because my friend is going doesn't mean I am....

"Parke-"

"Please Ethan, How many times do I have to tell you, my name is May? M-A-Y. If you are going to speak to me at least use my name correctly."

Ethan halts and speaks again, careful to pronounce my name. "MAY, Why won't you come with us? Why do you keep saying no?"

"Homework. I have homework Ethan. I'll tell you what, maybe next time if you give me a couple days heads' up I'll add it in my schedule and then maybe I can come."