24~FRANCIS-"It Will Be So"

The Song above is from the Soundtrack of Doctor Strange! How could it not be. EPIC? (Doctor Strange was GREAT btw :P ) I highly encourage listening to it with the chapter.

"We leave within the hour."

Petra and James quickly turn at the sound of my voice. "We are disregarding the plan?" James asks with an eyebrow raised.

Of course we are...His tone says that he doesn't disagree...he just needs clarification...

I lean against the table and look directly at Thor. "The rules of the whole exchange have changed. There is no sense in delaying, because the only thing that the morning provides is an additional amount of rest. I don't know about the rest of you, but I will not be sleeping. It would be better that we leave at our full strength."

Thor's expression does not shift. He must still be shocked at the news...as we all are... He takes a lengthy drink from his mug. Regal and royal as he may be, if he says no to my proposition, I will find myself becoming a rebel in his kingdom. His gaze rests on my face as he ponders his next words. Perhaps he does not trust me with this daunting task...What more do I need to do to prove my love for his daughter?

"It will be so."

His solemn words ring through my head and provide me with relief. Support of a king is much better than the opposite. I turn to my friends looking to hear their answer.

"I'm with you till the end of the line," James announces quietly while grasping the edge of his cloak.

A smile creases across my face. I never doubted your loyalty for a moment...

"I would be honored to accompany you on this journey," Azari says sincerely and with the authority of his prince-hood. Soon to be king-hood...

I nod appreciatively and center my attention on the last member of our company, Petra.

"Let's go get the princess," she says with her scarlet lips curling into a confident grin.

Four humans (or in the case of James and Azari, human-like) against one ruler of the underworld....sounds like some interesting odds...But I've always been extremely lucky...

"You are in agreement then," Thor comments loudly from his position under the torchlight.

"It would appear so..." My words trail off into silence.

I am going to free Torrun. Not even Hel can stop me....The moment I've been waiting for is finally here...

"Come. There is much to be done, Let us not dawdle in this deafening quiet. We must prepare for the moment at hand." Thor, in his thick Asgardian dialect, has spoken words of wisdom and truth. Each moment we waste in this chamber is another moment that I am separated from Torrun.

Petra slowly raises her hand as if she is in a classroom and starts to speak, "So...I could take you all down in this dress...of course only if I needed to..." she pauses, trying to escape the awkwardness of her remark, "but is there anyway I could get something more practical? This gown isn't exactly made for combat. Not to mention I look like a disco ball which totally eliminates any attempt at stealth."

Thor motions to a servant who is attempting to remove a platter of food from a table. "Of course. You will each be fitted with the finest armor in Asgard and supplied with whatever weapons you need."

The servant, hearing Thor's remark understands the command hidden within. He bows his head and then takes off running down the hall.

Now that everything is in place I turn to my fellow Next Avengers, my team... "Thanks Guys."

I don't feel the need to elaborate. I'm not particularly emotional so I have nothing to display my thanks other than the words that fall from my lips. Luckily...they seem to understand... The servants that helped them previously file into the room and lead them out of the dining hall. No one comes to assist me so I start to exit on my own.

"Francis," Thor's booming voice brings me to a halt.

I turn so that he can tell my attention is on him. Respect. He demands it....I don't give respect easily, but who could be more deserving than the man my father served beside for many years....the King of the Nine Realms...even if he doesn't like me....

"When you return I believe you and I will require a lengthy conversation."

Torunn....He wasn't to talk about Torunn...my relationship with his daughter... Of course, I figured it would happen eventually, honestly I thought he would tell me to 'stay away' or something like that. To which I would have promptly replied with a firm 'no' and shown my apparent disregard by bringing Torunn into the conversation...Assuming she was awake... Perhaps it won't be like that. Maybe the disdain he harbors for me will fade when I bring her back from this living death. I bundle all my thoughts and feelings into one simple syllable.

"Sure."

With those last words I turn and walk through the doorway to the main halls of this gigantic palace. Now...to find Fandral.... I break into a jog and start my trek through the maze of Asgard. I glance in each room, looking to see if Fandral is inside. Not there...nope....wrong one....C'mon man....where are you? I run around the corner and see a flash of green at the end of the corridor.

"Fandral!" I shout, hoping my voice will carry to his location.

He changes his direction and follows the sound of my voice. His large mustache quivers as he approaches.

"I've just heard the news of your quest! I was looking for you to congratulate you. I know how much she," he pauses and then corrects himself, ", it means to you."

I dismiss his comment and move on to the topic which I need to discuss with him.

"I need armor, a bow, and a quiver of arrows."

Its time to make Hela regret everything she has done...I am going to make her pay...

A/N: Sorry if it seemed a bit short! What did you guys think? Things are escalating in Asgard! :D

Also! Exciting news! Thanks to your support and interest I will be hosting some contests in the weeks to come! :D I'll keep you guys posted (:

(Sorry if you got a bunch of notifications. I had some trouble getting it posted.)
Thanks for reading and have a marvelous day!