22~PETRA-So It Begins

Here is Petra's theme song! And I really really like aesthetics (:

"How many more slices of roasted pork do you think consume before this evening is finished?" I ask while pulling a piece of bread off of the roll and placing it in my mouth

Azari takes another sip of the mead before setting the goblet down with a gentle clatter.

"I'm betting on six more pieces," He says with a lingering glance at the crazy redhead and blonde at the other end of the table.

"Mmmmm...I'll bet you a hundred bucks that they'll polish off eight."

"Deal."

James and Francis have been inseparable ever since they took their places on the pub-style benches. They have so much to catch up on...But boy can they eat. They've devoured every single thing placed in front of them. Azari and I are barely managing to keep up.

I sip the sweet golden beverage in my cup before moving on to another bite of roast pork. "So...I've read your file, but it didn't really contain the part where you joined the Next Avengers. How exactly did you wind up with those two?"

Azari looks like he wants to laugh, but instead he just smiles and swallows.

"They showed up at my school and literally said 'we need your help' so I decided to go with them to Latveria, but I never imagined that in a few months time I would be standing in the halls of Asgard."

"Really? It was that simple?" Surprise leaks into my voice.

"I don't know what you expected, but it all happened pretty quickly. There was one complication. The prankster over there used a sharpie for a purpose that it was not designed."

Intrigued, I sense that a story is coming.

"Which one of the rascals was responsible?" I say while tilting my head in their direction. I drink another mouthful of the mead.

"Barton. He thought it would be hysterical to draw whiskers and a nose on me and an eyepatch and beard for James."

I nearly spit the contents of my mouth out all over the table because of my laughter, but I manage to swallow.

"Francis, nice work with the sharpie. Sounds like something I would come up with. The cat was a work of genius." I say loudly enough to interrupt his conversation with James.

"Nice to know that someone around here can appreciate my brilliance." He says with a sideways glance at James.

James elbows him, "Jerk."