9-JAMES~He is Back

Dedicated to the_amazing_bookmark because I know nothing about Italian Restaraunts......

The only sound I hear as we walk through the hallway is the steady clicking of Petra's shoes. It is so odd to have left our little "apartment." Petra walks in front of us and guides us through the many passages of the S.H.I.E.L.D. base. I finger the band around my wrist. The tracker... Finally we come to a stop and Petra slides her I.D. through a scanner and places her hand on a screen. The screen flashes green and the door swing open.

"Welcome to the parking garage."

There are a ton of SUVs and trucks all lined up in rows. Petra reaches into her purse and pulls out a set of keys. She clicks the remote and the lights on one vehicles turns on.

"That's our ride?" Henry asks.

Woah...a Hummer....

"Yup. Pile in kids."

We aren't kids...I let Azari take shotgun, so I slide into the back seat with Henry. Petra starts the engine and we are ready to go. We ride in silence to the restaurant. Apparently no one has much to say. I stare out the window and try to figure out where we are. It is evening and it is apparently warm outside by the amount of shorts and tank tops that people are wearing. After driving for about five minutes Petra parks the car and we all get out.

"It is about a five minute walk from here."

It is scorching hot outside. I can tell we are in a tropical region because it is extremely humid. By the time we get there I am going to be soaking in sweat.... As we walk I catch sight of some license plates. "The Sunshine State"....we are in Florida... I think Petra is talking to Azari, but I don't really pay attention. Finally we reach the restaurant. Tribbiani...Italian Cuisine...

Azari holds the door for us and I sigh in relief as I step into the cold air conditioning. Petra rushes over to the desk and talks to the hostess.

"Reservation for Alyson Fritter. Table for four."

Alyson Fritter...I should have known she would use that name again....The hostess nods and types something into the computer. She grabs a stack of menus and motions for us to follow her.

"Right this way."

We are lead into a dimly lit dining area with tables set for four. The ceilings are high and the white tablecloths gives the room a feeling of elegance. The waitress lays our menus down on a table in the center of the room.

 The waitress lays our menus down on a table in the center of the room

I pull the chair away from the table so that Petra can take her seat. I then slide it back into place and select a chair of my own.

"Thank you dear."

"No problem." I mumble.

I flip the cover of the menu open and inspect the contents in search of something to eat.

"Order as much food as you want. S.H.I.E.L.D. is picking up the tab."

After divulging that information with us she cheerfully starts flipping through the menu. Our waiter comes by and introduces himself. He takes our drink orders and then walks away.

"I think I'll order the Alfredo."

Azari closes his menu because he is satisfied with his decision. I scan the menu and look for something that interests me.

"Are we ready to order?"

The waiter has returned with our drinks and he sets them down on our table alongst with a basket of garlic bread.

"I'll have the Alfredo." Azari says.

Henry points to his menu when he orders.

"I'll have whatever this Linguini dish is....I can't pronounce it."

The waiter jots down Henry and Azari's orders and then he turns to Petra.

"Tortelloni ricotta and spinach. I think I'll try that tonight."

The waiter gives a nod and then looks right at me expectantly. I should've figured out something to order...

"I...I'll...uh...have what she said." I quickly answer before the silence gets awkward.

"I'll put your order in right away."

The waiter scurries off to go tend to other tables. I frequently glance between Henry and Azari. They seem a little nervous and perhaps even a little bit confused. Petra takes a huge gulp of her iced tea and then grabs a compact mirror from her purse. She opens it and sets it in the middle of the table. What is she doing...

"I'd reckon we have about a minute and a half before the S.H.I.E.L.D. base restores the connection that I have distorted with my little device."

She points to the compact mirror. She jammed the signal....

"So shut up and listen. I'd love to be able to say that I brought you guys out for dinner just so I could spend some time with guys my age. But unfortunately that would be a lie. I needed to get you away from the security cameras. First off, S.H.I.E.L.D. is not the enemy. I don't agree with their tactics concerning you guys right now, but they are not evil. Secondly-"

Petra focuses directly on me."

"-We don't know if Barton and the Princess are alive or dead, but our best scientists and experts think they went to Asgard. We've seen energy signatures like hers before and we are pretty sure it was the Bifrost."

Francis in Asgard? He could be alive! This is....

"Thirdly, You better keep yourselves together after I say this. The reason S.H.I.E.L.D. is keeping you stuck at the base is because they are saving you for a special purpose. They want you to fight the battle your parents died for. Ultron is returning. You can't breathe a word of what I am telling you in your cells. Don't even write it down or try to talk amongst yourselves. There are eyes and ears everywhere and you are not supposed to know. And lastly, James, stop pouring your heart into that journal. I've read it and it ruined my mascara.... There is a team of analysts inspecting your every word. They want to know everything about you so that they can form a psychological profile for you and even control you in the future. Stop giving them ammo."

I'm speechless. She has given us so much information in such a short amount of time that I don't know how to respond. Ultron....is back......He is back.......my journal....she read it....

"Remember. We never talked about this. We are just a bunch of kids having a good time. One the count of three laugh like I said something funny. One....Two....Three....."

and so the plot thickens! What do you guys think about Petra?
Any comments? If you liked it I would appreciate it if you clicked the little star (: Thx