DenNor

Matthias slumped down in his large bathroom. His hair was even more messed up than usual, and a large bruise was forming around his eye. It had happened again. He had talked to his Father and ended up getting beaten for it. Yes, Matthias was abused by his Father. It made him feel like he was worthless, like he was a mistake. He didn't feel like he could trust anyone with his secret. And it hurt him, and unbeknownst to him, was beginning to affect the people around him too. One of these people, was Lukas. Now Lukas had quite a different life to Matthias. He had a loving Mother and an adorable little brother. Another thing about Lukas was, that he had fallen madly in love with one of his friends. He couldn't see past the happy façade that the taller male put on to hide his growing depression. He couldn't understand why Matthias seemed almost reluctant to return home. He couldn't see how much he was secretly hurting. And Matthias wanted to keep it that way. He didn't want anyone to worry about him. But what he didn't know, was that Lukas was beginning to worry anyway.

Matthias' POV

  I force a grin on my face, using foundation to cover up the bruises he made last night. It wasn't to bad last night, he passed out before he could cause any serious harm. That's always a good thing right? Ah, who am I kidding? I hate this. I hate being so afraid to come back home after school. I hate being so afraid that people will find out about me being abused. And I hate having to lie to my friends whenever they ask me if I'm okay. But it's not like I can do anything. It's only a few more months and then I'll be able to move out. I'll move back to Denmark. He'd never find me there. Then again, I would have to leave Luka- I mean all of my friends behind. I would hate to do that, but if it meant getting away from him then I suppose I'll have to. I check the clock. 7:48. My eyes widen and I run downstairs, fully dressed. I decide on not having any breakfast today, it'll just waste time. I run to school as fast as I can, not noticing that a few of my bruises still showed up on my face. As I run, I notice two small figures, one being Lukas and the other being his little brother Emil. I grin and run up to them. "HEY GUYS!" I shout in my excitement, earning an eye-roll from Emil, and the usual blank stare from Lukas.   "Mat, why are there bruises on your face?" I freeze in my tracks. How can he see them? I thought I covered them up! "W-What are you talking about Luke?" Damn it, I stuttered. Lukas raises an eyebrow and rubs his hand over where the foundation is. I feel my heart beat faster, and I panic. I pull my face away from his hand. "Honestly Lukas, it's nothing. I just fell." This lie runs a lot smoother than the last one. "It doesn't look like it Matthias. Who hit you?" I can feel myself shake in fear of him finding out.

"I-I'm sorry!" I yell as I run away from them.

Lukas' POV

"I-I'm sorry!" My mind reels with possibilities. It could of been Berwald, but one of them always walks away when they start to argue. Maybe it was one of his ex-girlfriends. But they always avoid him. Could it be his Father? It would make sense with him being a drug addict. Before I know what I'm doing, I am running after the tall Dane. "MATTHIAS! MATTHIAS WAIT!" He stops in the park near our school. I run up to him. I turn him to face me. Tears are rolling down his pale cheeks and down his neck. I wipe a few away, but they just keep rolling down his face. "Lukas." That one weak whisper makes me want to cry. I hug the tall male tightly, just standing there and stroking his wild hair. "Matthias, why didn't you tell me?" I ask him gently. Sobs wrack his body. I don't like seeing him this way. He usually acts so strong. "I couldn't Luke, I was scared." My grip around him tightens.

"Matthias, I won't let him hurt you again okay? I won't. You can trust me, how long has this been going on for?" His answer shocks me greatly.

"Eleven years." That means that he's been going through abuse since he was 5. I feel so much hatred towards his Father right now. I pull away from the hug and place both hands on his cheeks, forcing him to look at me. He looks so weak and fragile right now, I just want to kiss him. Yeah, I like Matthias. I guess I always did. "You are not going back there ever again Matthias." I state firmly. His light blue eyes widen. "B-But-" 

"NO," I cut him off. "I am not letting you go back to someone who hurts you Matthias!" My voice is raised. "Why? Why Lukas? It's only a few months before Graduation." I feel my eye twitch. Damn this stubborn man. "Because in those few months he could kill you. And I can't lose you." Oh gods, why did I have to say the last part. "Lukas..." Matthias hugs me tight. Normally this much contact would annoy me, but given the circumstances, I can let it pass. Once again I pull away from the hug. Only this time, I want to do something different. I wrap my arms around his neck and gently press my lips to his. His lips taste like heaven. A perfect combination of Danish Pastries and sugar. I feel him kiss me back, wrapping his strong arms around my waist. I pull away and rest my forehead on his. A small smile forces itself on my face. "You're safe now Matthias. I won't let anyone hurt you." Matthias smiles at me, not a fake one or a grin, but an actual smile. One that lights up his entire face. We just stand there, holding each other and basking in what is now ours. "Luke, does this mean that-"

"Yeah." I cut off his question knowing what he was about to ask. A quiet good could be heard from the Danish man in front of me.

Ending

Matthias: Hey Lukas?

Lukas: Yeah?

Matthias: Aren't we going to be late for school?

Lukas: Shut up, I don't care. Just let me have you to myself, just for today.

Matthias: Okay then... Where's Emil?

Lukas: ...

Matthias: ...

Both: SHIT!