Norway x Mute Reader

Your POV

 The winter air is cold, and people are in a huge rush to get home to their warm rooms and meals. I push through the crowds, silently hoping that I could get to the library before evening. The library is kind of my safe haven, it's quiet and people don't bother me very often. It saves me from awkward introductions. Also I just love to read! They have so many books there! I often read fantasy stories, but occasionally I can just sit down and read a good mystery or romance novel. I just kind of lose myself in the masses of printed words. Books understand what humans can't. Books don't ask me difficult questions that I can't answer because I can't speak. They can't beat me up for not replying. The library I go to is very large, but people rarely go there. I however, practically live inside the room full of books,  hard wooden floors and majestic looking windows. I walk until I get to the library. I smile and open the doors, taking in the scent of new and old books. 

I smile as my fingers brush the spines of the selection of fantasy books, my e/c eyes skimming over the titles. One book in particular catches my attention, it's a book on Norse fairy-tales and myths. I reach to grab it, not noticing the man next to me reaching for the exact same book. Our hands both rest on the book, his on top of mine. I look to see a man with light blonde hair, pushed back by a cross hairpin, and blue-violet eyes. "Sorry." He mutters, pulling his hand away from mine. I sign an 'it's fine'. He just looks at me emotionlessly, studying my expression. I shuffle my feet, feeling slightly awkward in the predicament I had just landed in. "Here." I look up at the male again to see him holding out the book we had both reached for. "I've already read it, so you can have it." I take it from him, signing a 'thank you'. "My name is Lukas Bondevik by the way. I often see you here, you like to read?" I nod enthusiastically, quickly getting out a whiteboard and pen from my bag and writing on it. 'Yeah, I love to read! Books are like my life!' I showed him the message, allowing him to read it, before pulling it back and explaining why you couldn't speak. 'I'm mute by the way, sorry if it bothers you.' Lukas looked at my writing before frowning and taking it out of my hands and writing his own message on it. 'You can't help it, why would it bother me?' Wow! He has really neat handwriting! You shrug your shoulders and gesture to two seats in the corner. Lukas nods and takes a seat, I take the other.

I take the board from Lukas' hands and wipe away the words. 'My name is Y/n by the way.' I write. Lukas nods, no emotion passing on his features. He takes the board from me again and writes; 'I know sign language if that helps.' I smile and silently giggle whilst nodding. 'Do you like Norse Mythology then?' I nod, still smiling. It's really amazing how we only just met a few minutes ago, but he's made me smile more than anyone ever has in my entire life. I haven't always been mute. I got into a car accident when I was 14 and it caused me to lose my voice, and my family to die. At school no one would even attempt to talk to me; in fear of making it awkward. It caused me to become isolated from everyone else, so talking to Lukas is actually a big achievement for me. "Hey, do you have a phone?" Lukas asks me. I pull out my phone from my bag. "Great, here's my number so you can text me. I would really like to meet you again sometime." I feel a light pink hue cross my cheeks as I take the slip from Lukas. I look at the floor, feeling a light peck being placed on my cheek. I can not wait to meet him again!

Norway's POV

Okay Luke, stay calm and don't look at the adorable woman sitting right in front of you. I may seem completely emotionless, but I do still have emotions. I just can't portray them very well. This girl in front of me though, is just so adorable that it's hard to keep my cool. This has never happened before so I don't know what to do. I stand up quickly and say a quick 'goodbye' to Y/n, along with lightly pecking her cheek. I feel an uncommon stirring in my chest, what does this mean? Is this feeling what love is? No, I don't believe in love. Such a wonderful and emotional connection with someone can not exist. So why does my chest hurt if I imagine her with someone else? Why does my stomach flutter every time those gorgeous e/c orbs float into my thoughts? Am I sick? What can I do to recover from this illness? 'Nothing,' A small voice in the back of my head tells me. An illness without a cure? 'No, you have fallen in love.' I scoff at my own thoughts. That's impossible. I don't fall in love. 'Well apparently you do.' I shake my head and walk out the doors of the library. 

The crisp winter air seems to feel a lot colder now than it was before. A lot quieter to. Suddenly my phone rings. I pick it up, contemplating whether or not to answer. I decide to be nice for once and actually answer. "Hey Luke! We were just wondering where you were? We went to the library and a pretty girl with h/c hair and e/c eyes wrote that you had already left. Where are you and we'll come pick you up." Tino's worried voice sounds from over the phone. I sigh and tell them exactly where I am. Only a few minutes later, they pull up next to me. "Hey Lukas! That pretty girl seemed to be very flustered when we asked where you were. D'ya have a crush on her? Does she have a crush on you? Aww! That would be so cute!" The stupid Danes annoying voice asks rapidly.I quickly pull on his tie, effectively choking him. "Yes I like her. I don't know if she likes me. I will be meeting with her again soon." I answer monotonously. I may not be showing it, but I really am excited to see her again. "Does this mean you will bother her instead of me?" Little Brother Iceland asks hopefully. I lean over and whisper in his ear. "Big Brother." He groans and slouches in his seat. Yup, I can officially not wait to see my little silent Angel again.