Sealand x reader: Growing up

You giggled in your hiding place, waiting for Denmark to find you. You were the representation of the Faroe Islands, so Denmark was your brother. You really liked it when he played games with you, he made it all so much more fun than when the other Nordics played with you. "Ra!!! I found you Y/n!" You squealed in delight as Denmark opened the door to the wardrobe you were hiding in. "Now come on little sis, we want you to meet someone." You jumped up and down in excitement. You were a very sociable child, and loved meeting new people. "YAY! LET'S GO AND MEET THEM BIG BROTHER!!!" You raced downstairs quickly, but still making sure you didn't fall. Denmark hurried after you laughing at your excitement. "Y/n, what are you doing? You could fall!" Norway asked you in mild concern. Despite his emotionless attitude he showed to everyone else, he had a soft spot for you, always making sure you were safe. "I'm fine Norway! Can I go meet them now?" Denmark behind you sweatdropped. "Come with me." You followed the Norwegian man happily. All 3 of you walked into the living room, to see Sweden and Finland standing on either side of a boy around your age. Finland was coddling the boy, giggling over his cuteness. "Hi! I'm Y/n Kohler, the representation of the Faroe Islands!" You bounded over to him in your red dress that Denmark made you wear. "Hi! I'm Sealand AKA Peter Kirkland and I'm going to be the best country when I grow up!" You giggle and grab his hand, causing Peter to blush slightly. "Come on, we could play a game! I'm fairly certain I have some great video games!" 

"Sweet!" The other Nordic Nations started talking about how well you two hit it off. Denmark puffing his chest out, proud of how well you acted. "I bet they'll end up together when their older." Norway choked Denmark for that comment.

~Timeskip to when you two are teens~

"Hey Y/n, do you think that one day I'll become a big country?" You turned your head to the tall blonde haired boy beside you. "Yeah, of course! And when you do, I'll be right here to cheer you on!" Sealand turned his face to you and grinned. "Thanks Y/n, when I become a country I promise that I will help your country in any wars!" You giggle and blush slightly. The two of you were laying on a grassy hill in your country and looking at the clouds. You two had become the best of friends after the day you met, and eventually grew crushes on the other. Neither of you would admit it though. "We really ought to get back." He murmurs offering you a hand. You smile and take it, brushing away the dirt on your dress. "You're right. Let's go." You take of running, laughing all the way. He pauses and runs after you laughing as well. He catches up to you and wraps his arms around your waist, picking you up and spinning you around. "Sealand! Put me down already!" He pouts but does as you say. You turn around and hug him tightly. "Promise that we'll always stick together." He grins and presses his lips to your forehead. "Forever and always." You grin and run into the house that you, Sealand and the other Nordics shared. "Hey there Little Sis! Happy Birthday!" Denmark yells pulling you into a huge bone-breaking hug. You choke a little on the remaining air in your lungs before he puts you down on the floor, having managed to pick you up half way through the hug. "Thanks Big Bro." You say after you caught your breath. "Time for presents!" Finland squealed thrusting a heavy box covered in pale blue wrapping paper into your hands. You open it carefully and almost cried in joy when you saw what it was. An adorable kitten stared up at you with large blue eyes, it's smoky coloured fur soft. "Thank you so much Finny!" He gives you a gentle but warm hug. 

"My turn." Norway pulled you two apart and handed you a gift covered in none other than troll printed wrapping paper. "You loved that wrapping paper when you were little." He muttered. You grinned and opened it. Norway gave you some pretty awesome stuff in the past. A silver cross hairpin encrusted with sapphires rested in your pale hand. "You steal mine so I got you your own." He tells you monotonously, taking it from your hand and placing it in your hair. He presses a brotherly kiss to your forehead then moves out of the way so that Sweden could give you his gift. The tower of a nation presses an oddly shaped present in your hand, this one covered in his nation's flag wrapping paper. You laugh knowing he only did that to annoy Denmark. You tear off the paper and actual tears fill your eyes. A beautifully crafted music box, with all of your favourite colours and your nations flag. "Thank you so much Sve." You whisper and pull the silent giant into a bone crushing hug, much like your brothers. He pats your head and passes you over to Iceland who ceremoniously shoves it in your hands looking at the ground embarrassed. You smirk and open his gift. Opening it you find probably the sweetest thing he has ever gotten for you. Literally. He gave you a huge amount of Icelandic Licorice. You giggle and pull the tsundere in a hug. "Dawww you cute older than me but also shorter than me little tsundere you." He frowns and pushes you into Denmark. You loved teasing him about being shorter than you, his face was so funny! "Just cuz your my favourite sister."

"I'm your only sister. -.-" He chuckles and hands you a medium sized package. You look at it curiously before opening it. Inside are a bunch of papers with a declaration of freedom. You gasp and cover your mouth with your hands, letting the box drop to the floor. "You'll be wanting your freedom soon enough so I just thought I should give you permission to be free as soon as you turn 18." Denmark's expression of brokenness makes you instantly jump up and hug him. "No matter what you'll always be my Big Brother." You whisper. A muffled sob comes from his mouth as he hugs you back. After what seems like forever he lets you down and allows Sealand to give you his gift. "I know it isn't as cool as your other gifts but here you go." He hands you a gift box. You curiously look inside it and grin. A gold chain with a cute heart locket sits inside the satin interior. "Here, let me help you put it on. It's so that no matter what you'll always remember me. There's a picture of us in there too!" He attaches it around your neck, allowing it to fall onto your clothes. You turn around and pull the adorable teen into a hug, this one extremely gentle. "You are the best Sealand. I could never forget you in a million years." 

~Timeskip to when you are both adults~

It was your first World Meeting as a free country and you were nervous. You had heard stories of the other countries, and they all sounded awesome! But there was still this nagging insecurity in the back of your mind. You open the doors to the meeting room and walk towards Denmark, who was standing beside Norway. "Hey Big Bro!" You yell to him. He turns around and before you know it crushes you in a hug. "Y/n? Bloody hell is that you?" You turn to see a familiar face that you hadn't seen in 3 years. "Sealand?" The now even taller boy brings you into a loving embrace. "God I've missed you." You whisper. "I've missed you too, love." You blush slightly at the name. You two pull away from the embrace and instead end up sitting next to each other at the huge meeting table. "You're even taller than when I last saw you. How's your country?" You ask him.

"Sealand is doing amazing. I finally got recognised as an actual country." You smile at him. "Fantastic!!!" 

"But it didn't feel right." You make in inquisitive sound. "You weren't there with me." A red hue crosses over your cheeks. "I guess I should really tell you something. I-I haven't actually been honest with my feelings about you Y/n." You look up at him.

"What do you mean Sealand?"

"Y/n Kohler, representation of the Faroe Islands, ever since the moment I layed eyes on you as a child I knew that I would grow to be by your side no matter what. The truth is that I love you Y/n. I love you more than anything else. You are more important to me than being a real country." You smile at the ground, feeling really embarrassed over the whole thing. "I love you too Sealand. For a long time now." He grins and takes your face in his hands.

"You are so cute."

And then he presses his lips against yours in a blissful kiss.