Norway x Reader: Labelled

She was labelled as many things. Many things that she wished she weren't labelled as. Why couldn't they all just put their pasts behind them. C/n was thought to be the strongest country to have ever existed, despite her size, she had taken on almost every country and defeated them with ease. With no help mind you. Many countries were afraid of her, leaving her to be alone. Isolated was something they could use to describe her. She would never go outside, in fear of scaring someone, no country would ever see her face that had become pale and unhealthy from the lack of sunlight, they would never see her tired eyes as her country began to fall around her. They would never see the pain, the self-hatred; they would never see the never ending guilt that plagued her. And yet still, after all these years, they could not bring themselves to even forgive her for what she had done. Every country had made mistakes, they were immortal, they had to have made at least a few mistakes in their lifetime, but C/n's mistakes were thought of as the worst. She was lonely, that she would admit, but at least if she were alone, she could not be hurt by anyone. 

~With the Nordics~

Norway looked off into the snowy forest. He did not show the worry, or the want, or the fear. No emotion seemed to make it's way across his forever emotionless face, not even whilst he was thinking about a country that he had not seen for a while. She would never show up in the seat beside him for world meetings, she would never visit anyone, she would never leave her home in her country. This worried the Nordic nation. Although they were immortal, if they did not treat themselves correctly, they could become seriously ill and end up passing their country on to a new person. Norway didn't want this to happen to C/n, for although she was admittedly a strong and feared country, Norway could see the loneliness and the fear in her e/c eyes. She masked it well, holding a facade of no emotion, but he was good at reading emotions, especially when it came to C/n. The Nordic nation became infatuated with the woman, always his thoughts turned to her, always he would wonder how she was, whether she was okay or not. In other words (even if he would never admit it out loud) he had fallen deeply in love with C/n. That's probably what made him decide to visit the isolated nation.

"Norge, where are you going?" Denmark's loud and obnoxious voice broke the sound of Norway's silence as he began walking out of the door. "I'm going to see C/n, mess anything up and I will strangle you." Norway's emotionless voice made the threat seem more realistic and scary to the confused Dane. "Why would you visit C/n of all people?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at his 'best friend'. Norway sighed in exasperation. "Because I care for her." Leaving Denmark shocked and face planted on the floor, Norway walked out of the house with his bag of necessities. Norway got in his own car and drove to the airport. The drive was silent, something that Norway treasured after being in that house full of lunatics. Norway was labelled too, he was known as cold and emotionless and violent. He was a lot like C/n in the sense that he disliked those labels, but could do nothing about them. But unlike C/n, he didn't shut everyone out because of them. He felt kind of sorry for the h/c haired country; everyone judged her on her past, and never on who she was at that moment, it was actually sad, to know that the countries could just overlook someone because of what they did. 

The plane ride was the polar opposite of peaceful. Norway had to listen to bratty kids telling their parents that they were bored, or to shut up and watch the film. Norway hated places like this, but he would put up with it for C/n. He knew it wouldn't take much longer to get to her country, after all, C/n rested just between Iceland and Norway. Just as that thought crossed his mind, a woman's voice came over the intercom. "All passengers please put on their seat belts as we shall be landing in C/n in approximately 5 minutes. Thank you~" That was another thing Lukas hated about planes, the overly joyous and obviously fake, voices of the staff. He rested his head back on his seat, taking in a deep breath. Descending was the worst part of flying though. It felt to Lukas as though he were just falling through the air so quick that his entire skin would peel off of his body, which was not a pleasant feeling.

The plane landed and Lukas stumbled off of the grounded vehicle. Finally he was in C/n, he would be able to see the woman he loved after 12 years of her being isolated. However looking around, Norway noticed just how bad her country was doing. In the airport, there were starving children, begging anyone passing by to give them something. The man felt his heart clench. If the airport was like this, he couldn't imagine how terrible the rest would be, and what sort of state Y/n would be in? Unknowingly, Lukas sped up. He knew where she lived, every country knew the address of every country. It only took him a total of 19 minutes and 17 seconds to get there. He knocked rapidly on the door of your fairly large house. He heard faint footsteps and the unlocking of the door. "Yes?" C/n stood at the door, waiting for a reply from the quiet male. Norway pushed her aside and closed the door, C/n protesting profusely, and trying to hold the male back. Norway grabbed her arms and pulled her into his arms. He held her silently, just content to feel her bony figure pressed against his. "Y/n, what happened?" He asked, a slither of concern finding it's way into his voice. He could feel the tell-tale tremors rack through C/n's body, allowing him to know she was crying. "I-It's nothing. I-I'm f-fine."

Lukas shook his head, not believing the woman one bit. "I saw. There are so many out there on the streets. So many children are starving. What happened?" Y/n shook with anger, or at least that's what Lukas thought it was. "You don't think I know? Oh I know alright Lukas! I see them every day when I look out the window, I hear them in my sleep! God I even dream about them! I can't help them, I can't even go outside without someone being afraid! It hurts Lukas, to know that you can't even help your own people because of a past that you can't change no matter how much you want to!" Her words were frantic, desperate for him to understand. "The isolation has taken it's toll on my people, C/n is falling, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it now." Her answer made his heart clench painfully. "Don't. Don't say something like that, we can help your people together. I-we'll do something, I'll figure something out!" He took her shaky hands in his, causing her to look up at him in confusion. "My country will help yours, and I'll get the other Nordics to help too. You won't go through this alone Y/n, I won't let you."
"Nor, you don't have t-"
"I love you." Norway blurted out the three words that had been on his mind the entire day. Y/n froze, body going stiff and dull e/c eyes widening slightly. Lukas moved closer to her, pressing his hand to her flaming cheek. "H-huh? I-I, w-wait, w-what?" C/n stuttered. Norway had no idea if that was a good or bad thing. "I love you, jeg elsker dig." Norway waited nervously for C/n to reply to his statement, "That's why I want to help you. Because I have loved you for so long and I don't wan't you to-" A soft pair of lips pressed against his own shut him up. He wrapped an arm around her waist, allowing the other to cradle her neck. "I love you too Nor." And for the very first time, Norway actually smiled.

It didn't matter what labels that were put on them, they had each other, and to them, that was all that mattered.