Norway x Reader : Never Forget.

Two girls, one older than the other, played around in the forest, following glowing petite fairies. "Eir, remember to watch out for the ice, you could slip." The concerned voice of Y/n broke through the peaceful atmosphere, as she caught little Eir, lifting her up onto her shoulders. "Besides, we can't play any longer, I need to go and hunt." Eir whined in protest as Y/n carried her to the edge of the forest. It was a harsh winter in C/n, and Y/n, being the best hunter for her people, was under a lot of pressure. Hunting for an entire town, small as it may be, was difficult. But the stubborn girl would never give up on her people. "Go along and play now Eir. I will see you in time for tea." Eir was her younger sister. A cute and playful little girl, with red hair, brighter than any sunset, and sparkling hazel eyes, softer and kinder than any butterfly. Eir nodded and ran into the town, smiling at the people around her. Y/n sighed and started her trek in the forest once more. A wooden bow was rested in her hand, it's curved structure looking  as if it were carved by the best carver in the world. But no, it was not. Y/n herself had carved that bow, as well as constructing all her arrows by herself. She was a very smart woman, with many abilities. Which was great, when her town depended on her so much. As she walked through the forest, she took in her surroundings, listening for even the scuttle of a mouse, or a snuffle that could suggest a fox nearby. But none of this could be heard. Only a piercing scream of a young boy and a yell for help.  Y/n sighed in exasperation, knowing it would be someone new to the town in trouble. Most likely with a bear or something. Nevertheless she hurried in that direction. What she saw did not faze her in the slightest. A young boy was pressed up against a tree, with a man, presumably his brother, stood protectively in front of him.  An enormous bear, the largest she had ever seen, was roaring in their faces. You nocked an arrow into the bow and pulled back, letting it go and watching it glide gracefully through the air before coming in contact with the beast in front of her. The bear let out a yelp of pain, so just to put it out of it's misery you shoot another arrow. This one killed the beast. Y/n stepped forward and headed towards the youngest boy. "You okay kid?" She asked, her voice sounding slightly bored. The little boy, with silvery blonde hair and wide  violet eyes nodded but looked up at his brother. "Big Brother isn't though. The bear bit him." You immediately turned to the man, who was inspecting a deep cut in his arm. Y/n sighed and tore away part of her f/c tunic. She motioned for the man to sit in front of her, and he did, emotionless blue orbs looking at her, studying her actions with care. Y/n wrapped the torn cloth around his wound tightly. "So where do you two come from then? You obviously don't come from this town, else you would know not to come into the forest."

"If everyone in your town knows not to come into the forest, what are you doing in here?" She smirked and pulled tighter on the strip of tunic, causing the male to hiss in pain. "I'm the town hunter if you must know, trying to keep my people alive for the rest of the Winter. And my name is Y/n, just so you know."

"My name is Lukas, and my brothers is Emil. I come from Norway, he from Iceland." She nodded and continued treating his wounds. "There. I'll take you to my town, stay there though, I might not be able to help you next time." Lukas and Emil both nodded in agreement, leaving Y/n alone in the forest. 

Emil's POV

I smirked up at Lukas. "She sure was pretty wasn't she Luke?" My older brother just looked down at me, a slightly annoyed look on his face. "I suppose she was." I giggle slightly and tugged on his sleeve. "Are you gonna marry her then Big Brother? I wouldn't mind her being my big sister." I laughed out loud, when I noticed a pink hue glowing on his cheeks. "I might." Was his plain reply. We were a bit away from Y/n in front of us. Suddenly she stopped in her tracks and growled in frustration. "Stay there and don't move." She commanded as she ran through some bushes. We heard her yell at someone and someone apologising. "I'm sorry Big Sister, but Ana told me to find you and tell you that Esmer is in labour." Curses exploded from Y/n's mouth. She hurried back to us, holding a girl, around my ages hand. "We have to go quickly." She lifted the younger girl up onto her shoulders, and Lukas did the same for me. Both Y/n and Lukas ran through the trees, occasionally jumping over a root, until we all got to the edge of the forest. Y/n made the girl get off of her shoulders and she ran into a hut. "Mother Esmer, please hold on for the child." Y/n's voice was hoarse and she sounded like she would cry at any minute. "Please take care of him." A weak and fragile voice sounded. A baby's cry sounded, and Y/n came out holding a blanket over a baby boy. "Eir, call for a town gathering." Eir, the little girl nodded and ran up to a platform with a bell. "Huntress Y/n L/n calls for a town gathering." She yelled. Y/n jumped up onto another platform as multiple people gathered around her.  "Lady Esmer is dead. As you all know, when a leader dies, another must be chosen, and to do that we will have a vote. The rules are that  you can not vote for yourself, and only the ones of experience can be voted for. That is all." I look up and notice Lukas looking at Y/n with an expression of amazement. 

~Timeskip~

It has been a few days since we arrived at the Town, and everyone seems really nice! Y/n let us rest in her house, as she looked after Lady Esmer's baby, who she called Bjork. I spent a lot of time with Eir and her friends, and Lukas spent a lot of his time with Y/n. Eir keeps trying to get Y/n to admit her feelings for Lukas, but she's too stubborn. I keep begging Lukas to get Y/n to be his girl, but he is really adamant about waiting. Eir turned out to be pretty mischievous, and actually came up with a plan to get them together. We locked them in a room until they both confessed. Needless to say that by the end of it we walked in on them kissing. So, I guess Y/n is my new big sister huh?