Chapter 21

The dungeon was dark and musty as Sona was hanging from her wrists, the shackles digging into her skin as she tried to not move and conserve her energy. She also had no clothes on her body, the Old Devils having torn it off when they had captured her and her skin was livid with bruises, cuts, and more. With her, the only survivors of her house, was Saji and Tsubaki and both had also been stripped of their clothes as they were beaten, battered, and cut as well.

They all didn't know where they were but they did assume that they were being held in the basement of a building. Everything was dark, no lights on in the room, as the door across from the trio had been closed and locked down for as long as they could remember.

As Sona listened around her, suddenly the door across from them opened up and as they all looked up towards it, the light spilling from it blinded them until a single figure appeared and walked towards them, wearing armor and holding a blade in the left hand.

Ehtem looked at them as he smiled and then said, "Are you enjoying your stay here?"

He looked at them as Saji managed to spit at Ehtem and Ehtem sighed as he walked over and as he reached the boy, he dragged him up by his hair as he said, "It's a shame... "

And then he smashed Saji in the face with a knee as he dropped the boy, blood splattering the ground as Saji slumped in his bonds.

"You won't get away with this, traitor." said Sona as she looked at Ehtem.

Ehtem grinned as he stooped down to her as he smiled at her and said, "Oh... but I will... because no one even knows you are here..."

"And where is here?" asked Sona.

He smiled as he put his hand under her chin.

"Why, the Church, of course...." he said as his hand began to slowly travel down her body.

Reaper paced before the spot where the multi-dimensional train would appear when he heard footsteps and turned to see Kuroka, Issei, and Azazel walking over as Azazel said, "Reaper... Are you jumpy for something?"

"I'm gonna go scout." said Reaper.

"And how do you plan to do that?" asked Issei as he watched the Train appear from above them and begin to drop to their level.

"Well, I do know how to creep and sneak around the city, undetected... and also, if any of Leviathan have bled and left a small trail, I can pick up on them through their blood."

Azazel sighed when Issei said, "I'll go with you, too."

"As will I, nya." said Kuroka.

"No. Stay here, keep everything on lockdown." said Reaper as he looked at them.

"I can cloak us with my magic. And with another Dragon-Bearer, you have substantial power to flatten any foe if you meet any, nya... and you won't get rid of me, either nya." said Kuroka as the train reached them.

Reaper sighed when Azazel said, "You know what.. I'll come even."

Reaper looked at them all and as he did, he finally gave a smile as he then nodded and waved them after him as they all quickly boarded the train.

It was still raining when they appeared from the train and as they all looked around, they were currently at the park in the city as Reaper put on his dark hoody and he waved them as he slowly began to creep from the park as the others followed him. The rain dampened him and his senses but he was most worried about his sense of smell. If he couldn't smell spilled blood, they would be in the most trouble.