Chapter 40

The group of two Angels, three Fallen,  three Devils, and even two of the Norse Valkyries slowly were creeping through one of the older forest of Japan near one of the hills in this valley and as they all stopped, the two Valkyries looked beyond a set of bushes as they all saw the hordes of monsters, Hyperion demigods, strays, and more.

But as they all were watching the horde of enemies slowly milling around a roughly made camp, suddenly there were shouts and the sound of battle and the group immediately looked to see a small horde of Japanese Onii with Kanabo war clubs come charging into the camp as the two sides clashed.

Those of the group, mainly the three Devils, who were from Japan knew that the Oni were guardians of the darker secrets that were from this world and other religions. It was unclear why they were preemptively striking the enemy but they figured that there was a really good reason for the natural spirit guardians of Japan to be attacking these Hyperion forces.

But having found their objective, which would be finding Hyperions hiding place, the group of scout immediately left the area as they went to report, leaving the sounds of battle slowly behind them before it soon was gone entirely.

Reaper hurt still as he woke up. The building chunk from the church had pretty much destroyed him as he had tried to defend Issei and Irina with not only his body but the strongest Blood Wall he could create but he was simply thankful that he had protected them.

Or at least, he hoped he had saved them.

But as he tried to move, he suddenly felt heavy objects on him and he was extremely weak at the moment from the fighting so he couldn't move them. Likely debris from the building landing on him or someone piled corpses on him to burn. Either was not good.

But then suddenly one of them shifted on him and as he gave a small groan, suddenly he felt-

"Alright..." he managed to groan out. "I need help understanding what's going on for once... some someone want to help me?"

Xenovia, Grendel, Kuroka, and Fantasia all groaned and moaned as they were moving about from their positions but as Kuroka sat up first, she smiled as she hugged Reaper close and gently as she then said to him softly, "Welcome back, little DevilAngel... sleep well?"

"About as well as usual..." muttered Reaper. "You know, especially after nearly dying in battle again..."

Kuroka smiled more as her tails whisked around them and as she managed to get Reaper to sit up, she heard him give a groan as some bones popped in their joints and sockets just as she then said, "Now... lets see the damage... try and not fall on your way to the kitchen..."

"You could just help over.." said Reaper but he managed to slowly shift himself to the edge of the bed as he managed to stand up.

As the girls all got up and began to walk out, Grendel staid behind a bit as she reached a hand out to steady Reaper as he slowly began to walk towards where the kitchen was. It was difficult only do to how sore his body was and the fact his muscles were slowly loosening up but as he managed to shuffle along with the help of Grendel, he could slowly feel his body recovering from what happened.

As Xenovia and Kuroka slowly entered the kitchen, Fantasia gave a groan as she stretched before she looked over to see both Kuroka and Xenovia getting aprons on as soon the stove was turned on and some pans were brought out to make breakfast, or at least whatever they could make for breakfast.

Reaper and Grendel slowly entered the space as Reaper could feel his body going back to normal slowly and as Grendel looked up to see the others trying to make breakfast, she then saw Fantasia poking her head out the window as she kept an eye around it seemed.