Chapter 39

The black cat slowly flitted around the bushes as it went up the path. Although the Old Devils and Fallen that had once been around the path are already gone, the Greek monsters were still scattered around with their blood everywhere.

But as the cat flitted around the corpses, it suddenly came across what looked like maybe 3 corpses that were just as covered in blood as everything else but as the little, black cat jumped onto the back of one corpse, Issei gave a groaned as the cat suddenly said, "Oh, so you are still alive... right..."

Suddenly, Kuroka turned into her normal, clothed self as she slowly helped the hurt Issei and as Irina managed to slowly get onto one elbow and look up, Kuroka then asked Irina, "Where is Reaper?"

Irina managed to point back down the trail and as Kuroka looked back, she saw him.

Reaper's armor was absolutely shattered around him as he had probably flown back from his original position maybe about 30ft or so. His sword was nowhere to be seen, maybe also shattered, as he had blood splattered around him that might have been his but it also might be someone else.

As she slowly walked over, handing Irina Issei's somewhat limp body, Kuroka got onto her knees next to Reaper as she slowly lifted his head up and as she pressed it to her chest, she then slowly stood up as she tried to put him onto her shoulders but he was a bit more heavier than she thought so and so she ended up putting him back down but just as she did so, Vali appeared as he landed next to her and as he watched Irina drag Issei along, he then put Reaper over his shoulders as he then said to Kuroka, "Cover our backs... they all aren't dead yet."

Kuroka nodded and as Vali and Irina soon began to try and hobble away with their injured friends in tow, she kept looking over her shoulder and checking the surroundings as she hoped none of the enemies from the battle were stalking nearby for a easy kill.

The battle had been truly costly for everyone. As Azazel slowly walked around the many wounded, injured, and hurt that were still left, it was certainly a disheartening sight to look upon. Many demigods, Fallen Angels, and even some Devils were all lying around as many of them were in a form of pain and suffering. he past one Fallen with only one wing and his arms as it seemed like his knee's had been cut off by some blade.

He passed a demigod with half of their face wrapped up with linen and as he looked down at them, they gave a small whimper from beneath the bandages as he could only keep going through the many images and faces of pain as he then finally came to whom he was looking for.

House Leviathan, or what was left of them still, and House Grenmory along with Vali's remaining team were all having Grendel serve them tea and water as the Familiar was just as worn out like the rest from the battling and as he counted heads, he counted at least 5 of them missing: Kuroka, Vali, Irina, Issei, and Reaper.

He frowned as he saw Bikou was one of the wounded and remembered him being with Reaper's and Issei's group and so he quickly walked over as he asked the young lad, "Where are the others of your group?"

"I don't know... I was unconscious on the way down.." said Bikou meekly. His skin was a bit ashy and it looked like blood loss had almost done him in.

As Azazel looked around, he then asked the others, "Has anyone seen where Reaper and his group has been? I don't see Kuroka around here either."

"Kuroka went out to find them." said Rias from nearby.

The skies above the area cracked suddenly with lightning but no one took heed as Azazel remembered the Titan appearing.

The Titan was massive as he stood up from the church. He stood taller than the Greek Gods, easily standing over 5 stories tall. He was almost completely made of flames for a body as his armor was pure gold that shone like the sun itself. He had a halo of fire around his head and his eyes were simply pure light. He held a large blade too, one that shone like the sun for a golden blade. And he had simply walked away from the ruined church as the enemy hordes followed him faithfully.