(402): New Life (Tadashi)

Here's just a fluffy Tadashi x Reader that I thought we all needed in our lives.

I hope you all had a happy Easter! I've been extremely busy with my family so far, so that's why I haven't been updating much. I'm on spring break now, so expect normal updates! ♡♡

-

You grab the roll of tape and tear off a large piece. Holding the cardboard flaps together with one hand, you slide the tape across, sealing it together. Tadashi sighs as he grabs the box and lifts it up.

"That's the last of it," you announce.

"Yeah," he says with a loud sigh. "It doesn't feel real."

You smile and pat his back, stretching tall up to kiss the corner of his mouth. "I love you," you remind him.

"Love you, too," he replies, his lips lifting into a smile. He starts down the steps that go into his Aunt Cass's kitchen. While he's gone, you fall back onto the bare mattress on the bed. Your eyes dart around the empty shelves, the pieces of tape that used to hold posters onto the wall, and a few sheets of stray paper.

You shut your eyes and press your palms against your face. You knew how much this hurt the entire Hamada family, but it was inevitable. You and Tadashi have been married for about two months. After almost a month of honeymooning, and another one full of hopping hotels until your house is officially yours, you're finally ready to settle. Of course, moving everything out of Tadashi's half of the bedroom was the last step.

You peek out from between your fingers as the bed dips down. Tadashi's eyes come into view. He chuckles. "Sleeping on the job, huh?"

You slide your hands down and drop them to your stomach. "Well, moving your husband's junk out of his room is tiring stuff."

He raises his eyebrows. "Oh, yeah?" He moves over next to you and places his hand over both of yours. His head dips down to your shoulder, where he presses feather light kisses across your t-shirt and skin.

You sigh in content and look down at him. "Are you sad?"

His eyebrows pull together as he looks at you. "Of course not. Why?"

"Because your room is empty," you whisper. "Isn't it, like, depressing?"

"Not really. Not when I have such a beautiful wife by my side and a little house to live in." He smiles and shakes his head.

"You're not tired of me yet?" you question.

His eyes widen. "Uh. No." He shifts until his torso is on top of you; not fully, and not enough to crush you. He strokes your cheek with his thumb and leans down to kiss you slowly. You shut your eyes and tilt your head, savoring each kiss he places on your mouth. When he pulls back, he keeps his eyes shut. "I'll be just in love with you in seventy years as I was today, the day married you, our first kiss..." He brushes his lips against your chin. "You mean so much to me, my love."

You sigh in happiness and open your eyes. Tangling your fingers in his raven hair, you kiss up the bridge of his nose and pepper the kisses around his forehead. He chuckles and wraps his arms around you, nuzzling his face below your neck.

You both pull away as Aunt Cass calls out, "Tadashi, are you two still packing?"

"Just finished, Aunt Cass," he answers. He stands up as his Aunt steps inside of the room. She gasps and holds her hand up to her mouth. "Aunt Cass-"

"I know, I know," she says quickly, blinking away her tears. "You've already been gone for a couple of months now, so I shouldn't be... but this - it's so empty now." She smiles sadly and hugs Tadashi. "Oh, my little boy..."

"Aunt Cass," Tadashi whines. He squeezes her tightly. "You promised that you wouldn't cry."

Hiro steps inside. "Whoa. It's so weird, seeing it all gone."

Tadashi smiles. "I left a few of my books and old bots in the box on your side. Well, it's all your side now."

Hiro frowns and looks around the room. "Yeah, guess so..."

Aunt Cass pulls back and smiles. "Just have dinner with us before you leave. I'll make chicken wings, and even with that hot sauce."

Your husband glances over at you and shrugs. "Wanna stay for dinner?"

You take his hand and stand up beside him. "Sure. We've got time."

Aunt Cass claps and starts downstairs. Hiro sits down on his bed, watching you and his older brother check out the old family pictures on the wall.

You laugh when you see a framed picture of baby Tadashi, cuddling a soft teddy bear to his chest. "Aunt Cass gave me a copy of that picture a few months ago. I put it on our nightstand."

Tadashi chuckles and shakes his head. "I'm not even surprised. Don't forget that I still have that picture of you wearing half of your first birthday cake."

"Hey, that was a good cake, and a good picture." You grin and wrap your arms around his waist.

He kisses your head and smiles. "Any picture of you is a good picture."

Hiro rolls his eyes and quietly gags at the lovey-dovey stuff going on. "Guys. I get that you're all married and in love, but can you just knock it off until you get to your house?"

You pout at your brother-in-law. "Awe, are you still not used to it?"

He groans. Tadashi laughs and checks his phone. As he reads a message, he sighs. "That's wonderful."

"What is it?" you ask.

"The moving truck that was carrying the last bit of your furniture was delayed again." He shakes his head and frowns. "Sorry, sweetheart. Guess we'll have to wait another week for your couch and side tables."

You sigh. "S'okay."

Hiro stretches and stands up, grabbing his old fighting bots off of the shelf. He starts to disassemble one, preparing to reassemble it. "Right, so how far is the house from San Fransokyo?" Hiro asks absentmindedly.

"Not too far. Just about thirty minutes or so." Tadashi grins, looking down at you. "We don't want to raise our kids in the city right away."

"Dude, are you two wanting kids already?" Hiro questions, excitement filling his eyes.

"Kind of," you answer cheerfully. "I mean, it's not a for sure thing yet, but we're really considering trying."

"And I'll be an uncle soon? Cool!" Hiro punches the air excitedly.

"Not so fast, knucklehead. We said that we're thinking about it. Don't tell Aunt Cass and get her all excited yet." Tadashi tightens his grip on you and lays his cheek against your head.

"Whatever, whatever. I'm expecting you two to have a son soon." Hiro starts down the steps.

You laugh and hug you husband tightly. He sways you gently. "Sure you're not sad?" you ask him.

He glances at his empty room and sighs. "No. I get to start a new life with my best friend in the entire world. I'm probably the happiest guy ever."

You grin and look up at him. "I love you so much, 'Dashi."

He cups your face in his hands and smiles. "I love you, too, sweetie." His lips fall on yours, and you melt into the kiss, hopes and dreams of your future with your best friend lingering in your head.