(422): Games (Fred)

Guys, this will be the last update until June 7th! I'll be on a very short hiatus until then. Don't forget to send in your requests because I'll have tons of time to write for you guys as of the seventh!

Here's a Fred x Reader requested by somedisneychick. I apologize if this isn't well edited. I've been extremely busy with packing for my trip. Also I know nothing about basketball so I don't even know if this is how you play.

-
Go Go tosses you a fluffy red towel as you take a long drink from your water bottle. You watch your sneakers bounce off of the floor as your leg shakes nervously.

"Let's go," Go Go yells, clapping her hands together. "We've got this!"

You let out a huff of air. "Do we? San Fransokyo University is really good. We barely won the last game---"

"Enough," Go Go snaps. "Your nerves are getting out of hand. We're amazing. Stop worrying! Woman up!"

You shake your head at her. "We're so not going to win this, Go Go. It's just not possible. They're--- they're brutal!"

"That's it," she mumbles. She grabs her water bottle and stomps out of the locker room. You're left behind, sad that you made your best friend mad. You can't do anything about it. Go Go is only ever positive about winning, and normally you are, too. Not today. You know how it'll end.

You slowly gather up your things. The clock on the wall tells you that it's time to be heading out to the gym, where all of your family and friends are cheering you on. They all think that you have a chance to beat San Fransokyo University, but you know how slim the chances are.

As you leave the locker room, the cheers from outside are louder. You disappear into the crowd of your team and run out with them. As soon as you're underneath the bright white lights on the high ceiling, you look around for Fred.

Fred, your best friend and sort of boyfriend. You two have gone on dates, held hands, hugged, but never officially claimed each other. It made you kind of nervous. He has always made you incredibly happy, and you know that it's ridiculous for you to even worry about it. He likes you and the time for him to ask you out will come.

"___?" Go Go says loudly, delivering a punch to your arm. You gasp and rub your hand over the sore spot. "Did you hear me?"

"No," you answer. Your head feels cloudy. The cheering sounds muffled. Your heart thumps rapidly in your chest. You swallow thickly and try to breathe.

"Come on!"

The game started. You abandon your search for Fred. Now unhinged and even more slow, you gasp and start to make your legs run forward. You stumble as if you've never learned to walk before. Your teammates yell at you and you straighten up.

"Come on," you mumble to yourself. You try to focus. Your head spins and you close your eyes. "You can do this, ___, you can."

Someone on the other team is dribbling the ball near you. You force yourself to dive after her and stretch out your fingers. You pray that they'll brush against the bumpy surface of the orange ball, but they never do. You're moved back and watch as the girl jumps up and dunks the ball into the net.

Everyone cheers for the opposite side.

"You can't do this," you breathe to yourself. It's over. This is it. This is the beginning of your team's failure, and it's all your fault. Yours.

You stand still, dumbfounded. What just went wrong? You can hear everyone else running around, desperately trying to get the next three points.

"___, what is your problem?" Go Go yells in your ear. She grabs your wrist and yanks you back into the crowd.

"Get back in there, _____!" your coach screams.

You try. You try to get the ball, block shots, dribble--- but everytime you attempt, you fail. Your teammates manage to get points built up. You stare at the scoreboard. Thirty seconds left and you're only one point away from winning.

"___, the ball!"

You gasp and run forward to grab it. The player pivots, her hands grasping the ball tightly. You stretch forward, your hands almost getting it. She pivots again. You move and your legs somehow get tangled up as she moves. You shout as you fall on your stomach, your cheek meeting the hard golden brown wood.

Everything falls muffled again. You can't move yourself for a few seconds. Everything is moving in slow motion, and then---

"___!" he yells. "Come on, ___, you can do it!"

You look up and see him smiling through the open mouth of the green monster outfit. Fred. Your lips widen into a full out grin as he continues to cheer.

"Go ___! Go! You can do it!"

You can. You look up at the clock. Four seconds. You scramble up and run towards the sound of the ball, where one of your teammates is being blocked by an opponent. It's Go Go.

"Go Go!" you scream. She tosses it to you and, as everyone gathers around you, you launch it into the air. The crowd falls silent in anticipation as it hurls itself through the net. The buzzer sounds the moment the ball smacks against the ground.

Everyone shouts. You gasp as you realize that your team won. Go Go hugs you tightly and you hug her back. Before your team can surround you, you run towards where Fred is cheering by the bleachers.

"I knew you could do it, ___!"

You laugh and launch yourself in his arms, a grin spread across your face. You yank the monster head off of his suit and look into his blue eyes. He's smiling brightly, admiration and happiness clear in his face.

You don't think twice before you lean down and press your lips against his. He keeps holding you as you kiss him; his hands pressed against the small of your back. Your team surrounds you both as you pull away.

"You're so amazing," Fred breathes. "Freddie is so proud of you!"

You grin. "I owe it all to you. You're the best boyfriend ever."

"Boyfriend," he repeats, as if he's amazed that you called him that. "Yeah!" He drops you to your feet and holds up your hand. "Yes! That's my girlfriend! That's my girlfriend! That's my amazing, awesome, seriously cute girlfriend!"

You stand there and grin up at your boyfriend, all of your friends and family and teammates hugging you tightly. It feels amazing to win, but you somehow feel even better now that Fred is yours.