(438): All Is Calm, All Is Bright [Fred]

a dose of Christmas fluff requested by my good friend, singing_disaster

//

It was December twenty first, and the snow was gently falling outside. Your Christmas spirit was high tonight, with your first semester finals being behind you, a three week long vacation to look forward to, and a long, and Christmas being only a few days away.

You spend the first full day of your winter break at your boyfriend's house. You curled up on the soft, velvet plush of the living room loveseat as you patiently waited for Fred to come back with the cups of hot cocoa.

The fire was low in the fireplace, and offered a little light in the dim room. Five stockings hung from the mantle; one for Fred, two for his parents, another for Heathcliff, and the most recent one being yours. Fred had put it up only a week before. It warmed your heart to think that he included you in his family after nine months of dating.

He came back, carefully trying not to spill the cocoa that filled the cute Christmas mugs. You smiled up at him and reached forward to grab the cup from him. He returned the smile and nestled into the sofa beside you.

"Thank you," you said.

"Mhm," he hummed, sipping the marshmallow topping off of his cocoa.

You giggled at the line of marshmallow left along his top lip. He chuckled as you wiped it away with a napkin. If it were up to him, he'd have left it on all night.

You leaned into Fred, pressing your shoulder against his chest and leaning your head into the crook of his neck. A smile graced your lips again as he picked up a tiny remote and flipped a switch, causing the Christmas lights to start twinkling in the corner of the room.

It was silent. Other than the soft ticking of the grandfather clock in the hall, the clinking of spoons against glass mugs, and the sound of Fred's heartbeat so close to your ear, you were left in a soft haze of Christmas sights.

He let out a content breath as you sipped your hot cocoa. Fred always made it best; he got the recipe from Heathcliff, and only always made it himself, knowing just how much you liked it when he made things for you. It was such a simple, sweet gesture.

The small things were what you liked the most, but Fred never understood that. What was small to you was nothing to Fred, and what was big to you --- for example, the stack of perfectly wrapped gifts with your name on them consuming half the living room --- were small to Fred.

So when he asked what you wanted for Christmas, and you responded with nothing more than a quiet date with him, he delivered exactly that and enough presents to gift your entire extended family.

You laughed softly. Fred leaned his head forward to look at you. A lopsided grin ghosted over his face as you sipped your cocoa again.

"What's funny?" he asked, his voice surprisingly quiet.

"Nothing," you replied. You reached behind your back in search of his hand. Once you found it, you grasped it tightly and brought it around your shoulders. He left it there, his hand hanging limp from the curve of your right shoulder. You tilted your head and pressed a kiss to his palm before weaving your fingers through his. "I just love you."

His fingers ghosted along your ring finger, brushing against the soft and bare skin around your knuckle, where he hoped that the most precious gift he'd bought you would go, if you said yes on Christmas morning.

"I love you, too," he mumbled seriously.

You bashfully smiled as he kissed the side of your head. The fire suddenly blew out, causing you to jump a little. Fred began to pull himself from your hold, but you tightened your grip.

"Don't get up yet, Freddie," you pleaded.

He leaned back. "But you'll get cold."

"I won't," you assured him.

You snatched the throw blanket from the arm of the sofa and spread it evenly across both of your laps. The body heat radiating off of the two of you filled the closed space of the blanket. The howling of the wind picked up, and you both looked out of the window.

"Jeez, it's really picking up," Fred said. He tightened his hold around your shoulders. "You know Freddie can't let you go out in this kind of weather."

"So I'll stay the night," you said nonchalantly, shrugging and shutting your eyes. "I didn't really want to get up, anyway. This is too nice."

"Freddie didn't want you to get up, either," he whispered, kissing the side of your head again.

As he allowed you to nestle closer against him, he took the now empty cup from your hands. You hummed a thank you and shifted, bringing the blanket tighter around you and letting your cheek rest against the base of his shoulder.

He placed the cups on the side table and then wrapped his right arm around you. His fingers brushed up and down the spine of your back, gently rubbing and stroking against the soft material of your sweater. Your breathing leveled, and he fell still underneath you, letting you fall asleep.

As he lay there, he began to daydream of spending his entire life like this, with you sleeping on top of him, snoring softly and mumbling incoherent words, sighing as he brushed through your soft hair. He dreamed of spending the rest of his life with you. He would disregard his super hero life just for moments like this.

You shifted again. You whispered his name, and he pushed your hair back to look at your face. You were half asleep, he thought.

"Freddie," you murmured, as if you had read his mind, "let's stay like this forever."

He smiled. He looked outside the window, where the snowflakes quickly glided past the pane of thick glass. He would trade all of it, his super hero life, his world surrounded by riches, all for this moment with you. This moment, dragging on and on, with the Christmas lights twinkling and the scent of cocoa fresh in the air, the warmth between the two of you wrapped in a blanket.

"All right," he agreed, and he leaned down and pressed a long kiss on your hair. "We'll stay like this for as long as you want."

//

p.s. all i want for Christmas is a few Freddie x Readers please