(419): Baby Shower (Older Hiro)

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I love and appreciate all of you!

Here are a few pictures from my birthday:

Also --- I will be away from June 2nd to June 6th as I'll be travelling to Florida and spending time with my family there

Also --- I will be away from June 2nd to June 6th as I'll be travelling to Florida and spending time with my family there. I'll still be taking requests for stories to write AFTER that!

Here's a Hiro x Reader requested by Raphies_Girl.

-

"Hiro, she's going to be born in January. What if she's cold? Yeah, she needs more blankets."

Hiro chuckles and shakes his head at you. He admires you as you stand beside the brand new crib, your fingers running over the soft fabric of the pink sheet. Your baby bump made it nearly impossible to reach inside. You're seven months pregnant with your first baby, a little girl.

"Honey, you know what will solve that problem?" You look over at him and raise your eyebrows. "A baby shower."

You scowl. "No, no, no. Because everyone will want to come to Hiro Hamada's baby's shower and I don't want this pregnancy to be public!" Hiro sighs and shakes his head at you as he walks over. He places his hands on your hips. "I want her to only be ours, Hiro."

"She is only ours," he says, his eyebrows pulling together.

"No, like, I want her to be around people who love her for more than just who her father is. Your family and our friends." You smile sadly. You touch your stomach gently, and your baby kicks. You pat over the space she kicked, letting her know that you're here.

"I know." He kisses your head. "I know."

"So no baby shower," you say. "It'll go completely public."

"Okay, okay. No baby shower. We'll go to the store tomorrow and get what we need. All right?"

"Thank you," you breathe.

"You're impossible," he says.

You smirk. "But you love me."

"I really do," he answers. He touches his forehead to yours and his hands move up to touch your stomach. "I can only hope that she's not as crazy as you are."

You giggle. "Your life would be so boring without her being weird... plus, she'll be around her Uncle Freddie. She's going to be weird."

"And her Aunt Honey and Auntie Cass..." He sighs.

"It's your fault for having such weird friends. And don't pretend that you're not as weird as Cass, Hiro Hamada." You kiss his cheek and grin before hugging him tightly.

The next morning, you're sitting next to Hiro in the car. You read over the list while Hiro drives. "Extra blankets, more bottles--- and rattles. Oh, she needs something that she can chew on because she'll be teething---"

"Sweetie, relax," Hiro says. "We'll take care of it all as it goes."

"We've got to be ready!"

"And we are---"

"Not yet! Do you even know how long a bottle should be warmed up without it being too hot? And--- hey, where are you going?" You watch as Hiro pulls up to the front of his Aunt's café.

"Just a pit stop," he says, reaching over and squeezing your hand. He leans in and kisses you. "I love you."

"I love you, too," you say, slightly confused.

He gets out of the car and walks around, opening your door and helping you out. He keeps one arm around your waist and kisses the top of your head. He opens the doors for you and you gasp.

Inside, pink and white streamers are hanging from the ceiling. Balloons are tied to chairs, all pink and white and lavender, all with it's a girl! written on them. Flashes from cameras flash in your eyes. "Surprise!" your friends squeal.

"Oh my gosh--- what is this?"

"I've been planning it for weeks," Hiro says. "It's exactly what you wanted. This baby is just ours, and nothing is going to change that."

"We hope this is okay," Honey Lemon chimes in.

"We just wanted to show how much we love you both," Aunt Cass says. "And the baby."

Tears start to fall from your eyes. "I don't know what to say, guys. I just... I love you all so much. I can't believe you would go through all of this trouble for us." You stroke your stomach.

"You're family," Fred says. "Uncle Freddie is gonna be the best uncle ever, so we'd better start out with a party."

You smile and look up at your husband. His chocolate brown eyes look down at you with admiration and love. "This was all you."

"Well," he says, looking down and smiling. "I love you and I don't want you to worry about anything."

"You're the best husband I could've ever asked for," you whisper. "And you're going to be the best father."

"I hope so." He places his hands on your stomach and rubs it. "I really, really hope so because I love her more than my own life. I want her to be happy, and I want you to be happy. So just tell me if this is too much. If it is, we'll pack it all up and I'll take you to the store to buy all of this."

You reach up and cup his face. Flashing a giant grin, you stand up straight and kiss him. He holds your waist and pulls you as close as your baby bump will allow. When he pulls away, his nose brushes against yours.

"This is perfect," you whisper.

"Are we gonna eat cake or are you guys just gonna stand there and kiss all day?" Go Go interrupts.

"Go Go!" Honey says. "I think it's sweet."

You blush and look down.

"Let's have cake!" Fred exclaims. Everyone shouts in agreement and heads to the table, where a small pink cake sits on a small table with a long pink tablecloth.

"Thank you," you say to Hiro, hugging him tightly. "I love you so, so, much." And as if to let you both know that she agreed, your daughter kicks at your side, right where Hiro is hugging you. He chuckles and leans down to kiss your stomach.