(427): Guilt (Tadashi)

Thank you for all of your requests! They're all AMAZING and I'm thrilled that there are a lot of Fred requests. I never really know whether you guys like Fred or my Fred stories.

And ya girl finally got a Tadashi hat!!!

I also got a Fred beanie, but I don't have a picture yet

I also got a Fred beanie, but I don't have a picture yet. BUT ISN'T IT AWESOME???

Here's a super long Tadashi x Reader requested by ShadowQueen72. I'm not sure if I like the way this turned out or not.

---
You walk into Tadashi's laboratory with a panic attack building into your chest. You want to tell him something that you've been holding in for two years, but you can't. It was too hard to say; even harder than saying I love you.

He is leaning over his workspace, his hat askew on his head and his hand scribbling quickly across the blueprint in front of him. You smile and knock on the open door. He glances over at you.

"Hey," you say. "Can I come in?"

"Of course," he replies. You step inside and he meets you halfway, planting a kiss on your forehead. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too," you say. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything, I just want to talk to you."

"No," he says. "This is just a little project I'm working on."

"Hm. Have you been working long?" you ask, reaching up to fix his cap. He smiles and catches your hand. His fingers weave in between yours comfortably.

"Not too long. I had to deal with John again." He rolls his eyes at the mention of his lab partner.

"What happened?" you ask.

"He apparently doesn't know how to tell the truth," he says. "I mean, it was a little thing--- just him not telling me that he was planning on working with his brother instead of me, but it just bothers me, you know? I hate when people keep secrets, no matter how small they are."

You swallow, thinking of how you've been hiding your secret identity from your boyfriend for two years. The guilt gnaws at your chest and you feel the sweat forming at your hairline.

"Anyways," he mumbles, giving your hand a squeeze, "what did you want to talk to me about, sweetie?"

You sigh. "Um... nothing. It was nothing. You're looking pretty busy, anyways, so I won't bother you." You release his hold and start to walk off.

"You don't have to go," he says.

"I don't want to bother you---"

"Babe, you never bother me. And if there's something you need to talk about, then let's talk." He smiles kindly.

Guilty.

"I... later. Later I will." You nod and wave. "I love you."

"Love you, too," he says, waving as you back out of his lab and hurry away.