(433): More Important (Wasabi) + Author's Note

Hey, guys! Thank you to everyone who has sent in art. I think that I have more than enough to give to my friend. If you haven't yet, send me your request via pm. If you have sent me a request, please wait patiently because I have A LOT of stories to write.

I will write the stories in a book called

Big Hero 6 Short Story Requests

It'll be updated by the time you see this, so add it to your library! I'll post the short stories in order of whoever sent me the art first [or whoever sent their requests first, so get yours in!]

Thank you all for your help! It means a lot!

Wasabi x Reader requested by artsyzar.

---

You woke up completely miserable. Your head felt like it weighed a hundred pounds. Your nose was so stuffed that it felt like cotton was lodged in your sinuses. With a groan, you rolled out of bed.

Your bare feet hit the cold floor and you shivered. Your hands fumbled around to grab hold of your blanket. With another shiver running through you, you pulled the blanket over your shoulders.

"What a day to get sick," you mumbled, gazing at the calender beside your bed. It had to be today. With a cough leaving your scratchy throat, you grabbed your cellphone off of your nightstand.

"Hello?" his cheery voice answered.

"Hey, babe," you said. Wasabi, your boyfriend of just eleven months, always came over on Sundays. Each Sunday you would rent a couple of movies, he would bring snacks or card games, and you both would have an at home date.

"Hey," he said. "I was just stopping by The Lucky Cat Café to grab a box of donuts for us. Did you rent the movies?"

"No," you replied, sniffling.

"No?" he repeated. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you... are you sick?"

"Yeah," you said. "I'm sorry. I just woke up with it---" You paused and held the phone away as you coughed violently into the crook of your arm. "I'm sorry," you repeated.

"Jeez, babe," he said. "I... uh..."

"I don't expect you to still come over," you told him, completely aware of his fear of germs. As much as you wished he would just forget his phobia and spend the time with you, hold you and take care of you, you knew that you would be alone. "I called to tell you not to."

"Okay... but are you, like, okay? Like, have you drank any water?"

You grimaced at the idea of anything going down your sore throat. "Uh... no. But I will, I'm sure."

"You have to keep drinking," he says. "Are you feverish?"

"Um... kind of," you said, feeling the aches in your arms and legs. You pulled the blanket tighter around you. "I'm really sorry. I guess I just caught Fred's cold."

"Well, if Fred would wash his hands once in a while---"

"Wasabi," you warned.

"Okay, okay. Anyways, try to get better. All right? I love you."

"I love you, too," you said. You coughed again. "Jeez, sorry. I can't even say I love you without coughing up a freaking lung."

Wasabi sighed. "Just rest. And when you're better, don't forget to clean! Please tell me you have Clorox wipes! All door knobs and handles---"

"Wasabi," you said softly, rubbing your eyes. "I think I can worry about that when I'm better."

"Yeah, you're right. Okay. I'll let you go rest, then. Don't worry about cleaning until you're better. But don't avoid it, either! Okay. I need to stop. Just... just feel better, sweetie."

"Okay. Bye," you answered.

"Bye," he said, and you hung up.

You sighed and carefully stood up. Your legs shook as you walked slowly to your kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cabinet. You filled it up with water and slowly took a drink. The water hurt your throat on the way down. You winced as you swallowed.

After choking down a couple cold and allergy pills, you crashed on your couch. The medicine made you so exhausted that you didn't even dream, and it took four loud knock on the window behind your sofa to notice that he was even here.

You opened the front door. "Wasabi," you said, "What are you doing here?"

"Gosh," he said, stepping inside. "Sweetie, you look terrible."

You rolled your eyes. "Well, thanks. Love you, too."

"You know what I mean," he mumbled. You blinked in surprise when he touched his hand to your burning forehead. "Yeah, you have a fever."

You noticed the bag in his hands. Wasabi grabbed your arm and pulled you over to the couch. He looked anxious, but he still touched you. He stroked your cheek as he pulled out a container of soup. He pulled of the lid and you inhaled deeply through your stuffed sinuses.

"Aunt Cass's soup," you said.

"Mhm." He handed you a plastic spoon and the bowl. "Take slow bites. I'll grab a couple of fever reducers and a glass of water. Have you drank anything today?"

"A glass of water," you answered.

He nodded and got up. You watched him go to the kitchen and heard him closing cabinets and opening them. All the while, you stared at your soup.

Why is he here? Never, not even once, did Wasabi ever do this before. Every time you would get sick, he would avoid you like you had some kind of deathly plague. It always hurt your relationship, you thought, to know that he cared more about not getting sick than your health.

"Here you go, babe," he said, placing a glass of water onto the table. He pressed a couple of pills into your palm and took a seat. You just stared at them. "Babe? Take them and eat something."

"I... why are you here?" you asked. Wasabi sighed. "Never have you ever even looked at me while I was sick. Usually you, like, leave town! And now you're willing to sit on my couch, which I lay on, and bring me soup?"

He looked down at his hands that were folded on his lap. "I realized something. When you told me that you didn't expect me to come over, I kind of just... knew that you used to. You wanted me to take care of you but I never did. I haven't been a good enough boyfriend."

"Wasabi," you said, blinking away tears. "I never got mad at you for your phobia. It's okay. And if you don't want me to get you sick, that's totally fine!"

"No, but, like," he said, grabbing your hands. "I realized that I couldn't just let you stay here. And even though I'm completely terrfied of germs and I'm trying not to just bleach all of the kitchen---" You rolled your eyes, which made Wasabi stop. "Right. Anyway, so I realized that your health was more important. And I might get sick, but I love you, ___."

You leaned into his arms and hugged him close. He smiled as he hugged you back. His hands rubbed your back lightly.

"You're the best. You know that, right?" You smiled as Wasabi kissed your hair. "And I love you, Wasabi. So much." And suddenly, your cold wasn't a problem, and neither was Wasabi's phobia.