(429): Break (Tadashi)

Thank you guys for all your help! It meant a lot to me.

This was a request but it ended up being totally different so it's not longer a request. Sorry, but I thought about this and couldn't pass up the opportunity to write it!

---

Ever since the moment you found out that you were pregnant with your first baby, Tadashi launched into a full time caretaking job. He woke you up at eight o'clock every morning, made you a healthy breakfast, gave you vitamins and back rubs, scheduled weekly doctors appointments, and sent you to bed before midnight.

"Babe, can we please just take one day off? I want to sleep in," you beg him as he pours milk in a glass for you.

"Sweetie, you know that schedules will help you when the baby comes."

You drop your face into your hand. "I'm only four months pregnant, Tadashi."

"It's never too early to prepare," he reminds you, filling your plate with eggs and toast. He had stopped making meat the moment you found out you were pregnant; the smell of it made you nauseous.

You frown. Although you love Tadashi and want your baby to be healthy more than anything, his schedules are tiring and boring. He keeps you from going to stores and parks because he's afraid of you getting sick, he doesn't let you stay outside long because it's always hot out. You know that he's just wanting to do his best to protect his wife and child.

You rub your temples and pick up your fork as Tadashi sets your plate down. Slowly, you jab it into the pile of scrambled eggs. Tadashi frowns as he sees you simply push your food around the plate.

"Not hungry?" he asks you, putting eggs and toast on his own plate.

"Not really," you reply.

"Are you feeling all right?" he continues.

You let out a huff of air and drop your fork. "I'm kind of tired. I'm going to go lay down, okay?" Before Tadashi can even answer, you push your plate to him and walk out.

Tadashi watches you go. "Okay..."

He quickly finishes his breakfast and cleans up. You're still upstairs, so he goes to check on you. When he opens the bedroom door, he sees you curled up, hugging a pillow close to your body.

"Sweetie? Are you up?" he asks softly.

You glance up and nod.

"What's wrong?" he continues, sitting down on the end of the bed. He rubs your back gently, working out some of your strained muscles.

"Nothing," you murmur.

He sighs. "You're upset with me."

You shake your head, but Tadashi knows the truth already. "No---"

"You are, and that's okay," he assures you with a nod.

You slowly sit up and shake your head. "No, no, it's not."

"It is okay---"

"No, it isn't. You put everything aside to take care of me, Tadashi, and I can't even be grateful for that." You start to cry. "I'm such a terrible person... I'm sorry!"

"Hey," he says, his eyebrows furrowing together, "you are not terrible. Babe, it's okay to want a break every now and then!"

He leans forward and grabs your shoulders, pressing his lips against yours. His fingers rub the back of your neck as he kisses you slowly and lightly. When you break away, he pulls you into his lap. His lips brush across your nose, neck, and finally, your swollen stomach. He strokes the baby bump lovingly with his hand.

"I do all of this for you and for the baby," he says, "but I realize that lately I've been thinking more about the baby's health than your happiness. I'm sorry about that, ___."

"Don't apologize," you mumble, hooking your fingers around the neckline of his t-shirt. "Just don't."

"But I will anyways," he says with a laugh. "And you know what? I'll call Aunt Cass and you two can go shopping for baby clothes and maternity clothes."

Your eyes light up and you smile. "You will?"

He nods. "Yeah."

You hug him close and kiss his neck. "Thank you, 'Dashi. I'm sorry I've acted this way..."

"You have no reason to apologize," he assures you. He plants another kiss on your lips, then your stomach, before he gets up and grabs his phone. As he talks to his Aunt Cass, he watches you get ready. There's a sparkle in your eyes that you haven't had in a long while.

---

Tadashi sits on the sofa and waits patiently as you change into one of your new outfits that you bought today. You brought back bags full of baby clothes and a lot of cute outfits for yourself. You were so excited when you got home, so you decided to do a little fashion show.

"This one's my favorite!" you call out to Tadashi. You step out of the bathroom and smile. You're wearing a long (f/c) sweater that goes to your knees. You're wearing black leggings underneath. "It's a little big now, but it'll fit when I'm bigger in the fall."

"You look beautiful," he says. He stands up and places his hands on your waist. You wrap your arms around his neck as he kisses you deeply. You smile into the kiss, making Tadasbi chuckle. He pulls back and touches his forehead to yours. "I love you."

"I love you, too," you say. "So much."

He pulls you closer and moves his hands to stroke your stomach. "And you, too, baby."

You laugh a little bit. You both stand together in silence, your arms around each other.

"And Tadashi?" you whisper.

"Hm?" he hums.

"I know that I was only supposed to buy clothes for both boys and girls, but I found these cute dresses and couldn't pass them up. So we're gonna have to take them back in a couple of months if our baby is a boy."

Tadashi chuckles and shakes his head. "All right, babe."

"And I bought a ball cap that looks like yours," you continue excitedly.

"Of course you did."

"Our baby is going to be the cutest," you tell him.

"If the baby looks anythink like you, yes, he or she will be," he says, and he kisses you again.