(426): Safety (Fred) (Part Two)

A part two of Safety was requested, so here we go! This is a bit of a prequel.

---

"Guys, we've got a call!" Hiro shouted as he ran inside of the garage. The team had been together for a total of seven years. Fred was twenty-six years old a had only married you a couple months before.

"What about, Hiro?" Honey Lemon asked.

"There's a giant kaiju downtown," he told them. "And he's got a hostage."

"A hostage?" Fred asked. Honey Lemon gasped. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's suit up!"

---

The team all clinged to Baymax as he flew them over San Fransokyo. They all gulped as they saw the monster before them; huge and a dark forest green color with long, sharp teeth and three deep black eyes. He roared so loud that it rattled their chests and hurt their ears.

Fred knew what to do. "Super jump!" he shouted as he let go of Baymax, dropped to the nearest building, and jumped off of the top. Once he was in the air, Honey Lemon threw a chemical. Fred released flame out of his suit and a thick blue smoke filled the air.

The kaiju roared in annoyance and swatted his long claw with disgustingly curled fingernails at them blindly. Fred dodged the swipe and jumped to the other side, where the hostage was being held.

"Fred!" the voice of the hostage screamed.

Fred's blood ran cold. He stopped running towards the thing and froze. His knees went weak, his throat dry. That voice broke him. He started breathing heavily. No, no, no! This was his nightmare, his worst fear. The thing had you.

"___?" Fred shouted. He blue smoke cleared enough for him to see you in the hand of the monster. "___, no!"

"Freddie, help me!" you cried. You punched at the monster's hand. "Let me go!"

The thing made a noise, almost like a chuckle. He pulled you up higher and growled in Fred's direction. Everything slipped from Fred's mind. The plan, reasoning--- all of it was gone. He had to save you, even if it meant complete destruction of the city, or even his own death.

"Let her go!" Fred ordered, sounding much braver than he felt. "Let her go or I swear---"

The thing laughed. He squeezed his fist tighter and you cried out in pain.