(410): In Trouble (Tadashi)

Hey, guys. Sorry that I haven't been updating much, but I've been writing a batman vs superman Lex Luthor x Reader book & Star Wars Imagines for my other account.

This Tadashi x Reader was something that I had written out a few months ago, so I redid a bit of it, and here we go.

-

You're sitting next to your boyfriend's Aunt Cass on the sofa, watching some old romance movie. You sigh and check your phone for the millionth time.

"They'll be home soon, ___," Aunt Cass assures you. You nod and smile at her. "How about you sit here, and I'll put a pot of tea on. Okay?"

"Sure," you reply. You sigh and pick up your phone. Although he hasn't answered the last fourteen you have sent, you send him another text:

Sweetie, did you find Hiro yet?

It was like this all of the time. You would come over and hang out with your boyfriend, only to have Tadashi run off, mumbling on about the tracker in Hiro's hoodie and how he's off at some bot fight. He never let you come along with him. It makes you worry more than it makes you annoyed; the thought of your boyfriend looking for his fourteen year old brother that spends his nights battling robots with dangerous guys.

Aunt Cass's phone rings, making you jump out of your thoughts. She sighs and grabs it off of the kitchen counter. You settle down into your seat as she says, "Hello? Yes, this is Cass Hamada. Yes, yes... they were what?" she gasps.

You sit up quickly and look over at her in alarm. She leans against the counter, her hand pressed against the wall. Her eyes are focused on the floor.

"Yes, yes, I'll be there as soon as possible." She hangs up and starts towards the front door.

"What happened?" you ask, fear laced through your voice. You expect the worst. They were in a mo-ped accident, they were kidnapped, they're stranded at a stranger's house, they're murdered on the side of the road... a million thoughts flash through your mind. "Are they okay? They weren't hurt, were they?"

"The boys were arrested," she says. "I have to go get them out."

"Oh my gosh," you breathe. The fear melts from inside of you, and it's automatically replaced with anger. "They were arrested? Are you kidding me?"

"If only," she mumbles. "C'mon, ___. We gotta go get these knuckleheads."

You follow her out and climb into the passenger side of her green pick-up truck. All the while she drives, she talks super quickly. "I just hope they're alright, because if not, I won't be able to kick their butts."

You sigh and shake your head. "I can only imagine how bothered Tadashi is with this. It must've completely ruined his innocent record." You laugh.

"I just can't believe that he would let himself and his brother get into this kind of stuff!"

You look down. Aunt Cass still doesn't know about Hiro and his bot fights. Not yet, anyways. "Yeah, well... teenagers, I guess."

Cass pulls up to the police station and runs inside. You decide to stay outside while she bails out the boys. You pace nervously until the metal door opens.

"Cass, please tell me that ___ doesn't know-" He stops as soon as he sees you. "Oh, great."

You sigh and launch yourself in his arms. "Tadashi, sweetie, are you okay? You're not hurt are you?"

His arms slowly move to circle around you. "What - y - yeah, I'm fine."

"Thank goodness," you whisper. "I was so worried."

He laughs lightly and kisses your hair. "I'm fine, ___."

"Good." You pull back and reach out to grab a fistful of the front of his shirt. "Then please explain to me what the heck you were doing and why it got you arrested?"

"W-W-Well, I-"

Hiro snickers from beside him. You turn your head and point your finger at the fourteen year old. "Don't start laughing, knucklehead. You're in trouble, too!"

"___, you know what happened," Tadashi mumbles in your ear as Aunt Cass starts up the truck. You start to climb in with him.

"Oh, I know. But I'm still mad that you let yourself get arrested."

The ride back to the Hamada house is quiet and awkward. Aunt Cass chooses to rant about how worried and furious she was on the way home. Tadashi sits beside you, his body stiff and his hands at fists on his legs. He glares at Hiro, making you stifle back snickers.

Once she pulls up to the house, she marches to the front doors. Hiro reluctantly follows his Aunt Cass. As Tadashi starts towards his brother, you grab his wrist and pull him close to you. He swallows as he looks down at you (e/c) eyes.

"Tadashi, I was really worried about you," you mumble. You take his hand. "I just really, really wish that you would've let me come with you-"

"You knew that I couldn't let you."

You scoff and roll your eyes. "Because I could be arrested? Sweetie, I'm happy that you want to think of me, but-"

"It's not that," he says.

"Then why-"

"When I got there, a group of men had Hiro backed up against the wall. They were going to beat him up o-or worse. If I hadn't of gotten there on time, he could have been hurt. And if I went to save him with you... what if that was you, too, ___? I don't want you to be in danger. I know that I'm no superhero, but I would do anything to keep you from harm."

You silence him by reaching up and cupping his face in your hands. You drag him down to you and kiss him passionately. He sighs against your mouth, his hands grabbing at your waist as your lips move. When you pull back, you breathe out, "'Dashi, you are the greatest hero anyone could ask for. I am so grateful to have you as my best friend and boyfriend. And whether Hiro knows it or not, he's lucky to have such a protective brother to keep him in check." You smile and kiss him again. "I love you."

He smirks. "I thought that you were mad at me."

"Oh, I am," you answer. "But I'm still worried, and I still love you. A lot."

Tadashi laughs and touches his forehead to yours. "Well, I love you a lot, too."

"Can I ask you something?" you breathe.

"Sure."

"How mad are you that Hiro ruined your perfect record?"

Tadashi groans and you laugh at him. You hug your boyfriend tightly, keeping him from escaping you. "Ugh, I knew that you were gonna ask that!"