*Chapter 2*

Erica's POV:

As it turns out, I had almost every class with Talon. Who am I kidding, I had every single class with him.

Everytime I looked over at him he had his music blasting through his earbuds.

But, once I got home, I regretted it. Mother wasn't happy today. "Punishment time," Rose cackled, "You disobeyed me. When I tell you to do something, I expect you to do it. But I guess you were too lazy." She slowly made her way towards me.

Before I had time to think, her hand connected with my face. The force of the hit sent me too the floor.

For the next hour, my mother had fun beating me. Kicking, slapping, punching, ect.

Once finished she sent me to clean the whole house, and cook dinner. She said, "Clean and Cook perfectly. We have visitors coming over."

I quickly cleaned the kitchen and the living room. Once that was done, I took off to cook dinner. I deicide to make a chicken salad, with some chicken to eat on the side.

I set everything out on the table. I quickly went to take a shower and put on some clean clothes to cover most of my bruises.

It was a major disappointment to see who was downstairs though. Mother had a rich old man with her. 'Blah, please don't be another toy,' I thought.

I quickly went down to meet these 'Toy'. "Hi! I'm~" I was cut off by my mother shoving me towards the door.

"No one cares Erica. Now do me a favor and get out the house for a night. I want alone time with him."

She shoved me out the door right after she said that. Perfect timing too! Its pouring down rain. And I hate thunder and lightning.

I slowly started walking down the sidewalk, getting wet, the water covering up my tears. People zoomed by, splashing water all over me. Thunder booming, lightning striking down.

'No one to go too tonight, no friends. What should I do?' I thought. Oh! I know who! My Aunt Mia leaves not to far from here, and she loves me! I quickly took off in a sprint heading towards her house.

After about five minutes I made it there. I knocked on the front door and waited. "Erica, dear! Why in the world are you in the pouring rain?! Get in here, sweety." She spoke dragging me in.

She lead me to her room to get me some dry, clean clothes. "Alright. Now go take a shower honey. Come down to eat when your done." She kissed my cheek and walked out.

When I walked into the kitchen my stomach rumbled for food. I scurried after the smell of food and found Aunt Mia setting 12 hard Taco's for us.

"Thank you, Aunt Mia! I love you so much!" I said and we started to dig in. Uncle Garret was already asleep, so it was just us two.

She keep glancing at me with pity in her eyes. I know it was killing her on what happened. So I explained everything that Mother did. I was sobbing by the end. She hugged me and soothed me.

I woke up to Aunt Mia and Uncle Garret cuddling. We were all in the living room and a Disney Movie was playing. 'Lilo and Stitch' on were Lilo first gets Stitch.

I covered them up and started to hear to the kitchen to make them some breakfast to thank them for letting me stay.

I decided on making them chocolate-chip pancakes, turkey bacon, eggs, and some French toast. For a drink I made some coffee for them.

'I love them so, so much. I wish I could live with them.' I thought. They have always been there for me.

Their the reason I'm still standing here today. They make me smile when I'm sad. Their the reason why I started to draw/or sketch...

Ever since then, I started to let my feelings out. Showing the world I am better then they think.