*Chapter 14*

Erica's POV:

His lips were soft against mine. He kissed me like I was a China doll that would break into pieces with one wrong move.

I closed my eyes and melted into the kiss. His hands landed on my waist, pulling me closer. And my hands on his chest.

He pulled back, panting for air. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him. Regret filled his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Erica. I didn't mean to do that... That was a mistake. I'm sorry..." He said, at those words I felt my heart shatter to pieces.

I shoved him away, and ran. I didn't know where, I just know I ran out the front door, and threw the streets. I ran and ran.

Hours later I was sitting under a tree, in front of a beautiful pond. The kiss was replaying over and over again in my head.

Making me wonder why he said that. Why he did that. Then broke me right after. Why couldn't he see I liked him? Loved him?

I cried in front of the pond. Screaming out. But it didn't help. At all. I just wanted Talon. Why couldn't he be mine?

I. Love. Him.

Hours flew by. And I still sat there. The sun had set, and It was night. The moon high in the sky.

I shakily stood up, and started looking for my way home. I walked past houses, stores, people.

It felt like forever. I seen the house up head. I felt relieved, but still sad.

I felt a arm go under my knees and back. But I knew that smell. Angel. He carried me towards the house, comforting me.

He walked up the steps, and in the door. Talon and Kenny was sitting on the couch waiting. When Talon seen me he sighed in relief.

But when he went to hug me, I backed up. He flinched when I did this.

"Erica?" He said softly. Opening his arms again for a hug. I stepped away once again.

I ignores him calling out my name, and took off up to my room.

I flopped down on my bed once I arrived. "Erica, open the door. Please." Talons voice was muffled through the door.

"N-No! Just go a-away Talon!" My voice broke during my words.

"No. I'm staying right out here." You could hear him as he slid down the wall and sat in front of the door.

No words were spoken. So quiet you couldn't even hear crickets chirping.

"I'm sorry... What I said wasn't true, I just didn't want you to leave me." You could hear the tears in his voice.

I keep quiet though. Not bothering to answer.

"Please, give me a chance. I love you. I'll always be here for you..." He said, choking on his words.

"I'll think about it." I replied.