Chapter Two

Serina

It's been two hours, and I haven’t seen rose once. I hope she is alright. She's supposed to be in this class, isn’t she? Sitting down the back of my English classroom, I take my phone out and text Rose.

Where are you? I haven’t seen you once!

I put my phone in my pocket just as the teacher walks into the classroom, scanning the room. Her eyes rest on me for a split second, some sort of emotion going through her eyes. I avert my eyes away from hers, looking down at the surprisingly graffiti-free table. I pull my boring-looking pencil case and book out of my bag, along with my sketchpad. I open the sketchpad to the latest drawing, a black rose with water droplets glistening against some of the petals. Pulling out my eraser, I rub out a bit of the flower that’s been smudged by the paper. As I begin to re-draw it, my phone buzzes in my pocket. Pulling it out, I see that there is a text from Ana waiting to be read. Opening the text, I read it hastily, hoping the teacher doesn’t see it.

Serina. Rose is at the hospital. Don’t ask what happened, all your principal said was she passed out in class and wouldn’t wake up, so they thought something happened. Going to see her now, and picking you up along the way. I will be at the school in ten minutes. Ana.

Wait, what? Rose passed out in class and wouldn’t wake up? Please don’t tell me the Reint’s had anything to do with this. If they do . . . If they got to Earth . . . We’re all doomed. Theres a sudden knock at the door, and everyone’s eyes, including mine, snap to the person there. He hurries in, gives a note to the teacher, before almost running back out of the room.

“Hathaway, Serina.” The teacher calls out to the class. I stand up, putting my phone back in my pocket, before walking up to the front of the class. The teacher shoves the note into my hands, before turning her attention back to the class. I take a quick look at the note, which simply says that I have to go to the front office with my bag, which is just down the stairs. Walking back to my seat, the other student’s eyes are trained on me. I place everything inside my bag in the exact same spot I took them out of, before zipping the bag up, and placing it on my shoulder. I basically walk out the room, without even a goodbye from the teacher. Walking over to the stairs, I scan the corridor for any other students that are also out of class. As it is clear, I stand up the top of the stairs, before closing my eyes. I feel my feet lift off of the ground, and hover just above the stairs. I use my mind to help me down the stairs, and before I know it, I’m on the bottom step, feet firmly on the ground. Re-opening my eyes, I see Ana standing before me, her eyes showing a mix of anger and sadness.

“Let’s go, Serina.” My sister bluntly says, leading me out of the school.

“HEY! You have to sign to leave!” The office lady yells at my sister.

“Sign it yourself; we have no time to dawdle around.” Anastasia says, snapping at the poor lady. We walk out of the school, and towards my sisters’ motorbike. Yeah, we couldn’t afford a car yet, so we got a motorbike, but its Anastasia’s, and she uses it to get to work. Causing me and Rose to catch a bus.

“Quickly, Serina, before anything else happens to Rose!” Ana yells, pulling me onto the motorbike. She slams a helmet on her head, before handing one to me. I put it on gently, and just as I get it secure, Ana revs the bike and we speed  off, over to the hospital, where our best friend, Rose Aura Yana, is.

                                                **                                           **                                           **

Heart Shaped Scar (Permanent Hiatus)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें