Chapter Twenty-Five

Rose

My eyes narrow at Tom, who is thinking over his answer. But seriously, how did they get here? There would be absolutely no way for them to get here, because they are Resurrectors. They would have to keep the Destroyers from taking over!

                “The main reason that we are here, Rose, is because of the battle. We were talking, and realized that you can’t get rid of all the Reint’s, the five of you against thousands and thousands of Reint’s. So, we’ve teamed up with the Destroyers for one time only, for this, and now you have about a thousand Resurrectors and Destroyers here, ready to take orders from you specifically. Eros, do you want to come out now?” Tom explains, and then looks over to the bushes. It rustles slightly, before a figure comes out of the bushes. A figure with silver-blonde hair and blood red eyes steps out, with a scar running down the side of his face. My eyes widen, as his face flickers in my mind. The same guy that tried to get rid of me. I take a step backwards, scared that he would do it again.

                “He told me that he won’t, Rose. He literally promised me that he wouldn’t. Isn’t that right, Eros?” Tom looks over to the Destroyer, who is standing completely still, watching us all. Who knows about the thoughts that are going through his head? This isn’t his world, not his forte. His eyes connect with mine, showing remorse. Is he generally sorry for trying to kill me off?

                “They don’t talk much. You’re lucky to hear him talk. They prefer to be telepathic.” Willow speaks up, telling me what I just realized. I nod my head, not taking my eyes away from Eros. I still don’t trust him, no matter what the Resurrectors say.

                I am sorry. I’m only using this because I can tell you don’t believe any of these people. A strong voice echoes in my head, causing me to jump. Eros gives me a small smile, which looks out of place on him.

                “Wow. I personally didn’t see that coming!” Michaela exclaims, her eyes now trained on Eros.

                “You heard it too?” I ask. How exactly did she hear it?

                “Yeah, I can tap into your mind too. It’s one of the perks of being a Resurrector, or a Destroyer in Eros’ case. With this we can take over the Reint’s mind, and basically turn them on their own kind.” Michaela explains to not just me, but to the rest of us. Eros shakes his head, before taking a step towards me. He opens then closes his mouth, like he’s trying to say something but he can’t. He sighs, before closing his eyes and mumbling under his breath.

                “What exactly is going on?” Desdemona speaks up, still looking at everyone.

                “Obviously you haven’t listened! They’re going to help us.” I almost yell in response, appalled that she hasn’t even listened. This is important!

                “It’s fine, Rose. She doesn’t have to listen to us.”  Tom whispers in my ear, before grabbing my hand and pulling me away from everyone else. Looking back on them, Serina and Anastasia are talking to Willow and Michaela, while Ariana and Desdemona are sitting on the ground, watching everyone’s movements. Well, everyone’s apart from me and Tom. We disappear into the bushes, Tom pulling me in random directions.

                “Do you even know where we are going?” I question him, becoming confused.

                “Of cause I do, Rose! Why would I drag you away if I didn’t know where we were headed! Wait . . . stay right here.” He lets go of my arm, and takes two steps forward. Then he pokes his head through the foliage, looking around quickly. He moves his head away, before looking over to me, and with a flick of his head, beckons me over.