Chapter Twelve

Serina

Watching Rose go through the portal, I see that it changes colour from the beautiful dark purple to an amazing combination of light blue and gold. It engulfs her, before turning back to dark purple.

                “Did anyone else see that?” Desdemona asks, giving us all stunned looks. I nod, knowing exactly what she’s talking about. I look at Ariana, who’s taking a few steps towards the portal. It suddenly goes green, before she becomes engulfed and disappears. It turns back to its original colour.

                “Who’s next?” I ask Desdemona, not 100% sure.

                “I’ll go next. She replies, stepping towards it. It quickly goes a dark red, before she disappears into it. And now, I’m alone. Just as I take a step towards it, somebody yells my name from behind me. Turning around, I see the Queen standing there, her eyes widening.

                “Have they all already gone through?” She asks, worry showing slightly in her eyes. Nodding, I step away from the portal, and towards her.

                “I need to tell you something.” The Queen says, pulling me out into the hallway.              

                “What’s happening?” I ask her, completely confused.

                “We have been compromised. The Reint’s know that you, Rose, Desdemona and Ariana were coming to get Anastasia . . . and Capri. So they’re ready for the four of you. So be careful, Serina. And don’t tell anyone I said that they have Capri. I’ve made it Rose’s mission to get him back, so if she disappears, you know where she is.” She explains to me, looking down at the marble floor. They got Capri. I didn’t think that was possible.

                “Okay, I promise I won’t tell anyone about Capri. And I guess we’re going to have to be careful, I don’t know how the Reint’s fight.” I reply, smiling slightly at her. She takes a step away, allowing me to go. I walk back into the court room, to see the portal slowly disappearing.  Jumping into a run, I become quicker and quicker, as the portal becomes smaller and smaller. I jump into it, just as it becomes big enough for me to just fit through. The colours around me shimmer, sitting on my skin. It sinks into my skin, as a dark end comes up in front of me. I close my eyes, bracing for impact.

                                                **                                           **                                           **

                “Serina?” A voice says. A voice that I haven’t heard in a long time. Anastasia’s. Attempting to open my eyes, they burn abruptly. I hiss in pain, before forcing them open. The burning sensation stops.

                “A-Ana?” I whisper, looking over to my sister. She’s tied up against the wall, her scar glowing yellow. I try to move towards her, but I can’t.

                “Don’t move, Serina. They gave you a portion or something of the sort to stop you moving. But it should wear off in about two minutes.” Anastasia explains. Suddenly, Ana closes her eyes, and one of the chains break off of her hand, freeing it. She quickly claws at the other chain, causing it to break, and her to fall to the ground. She runs over to me, putting my head in her hands, before hugging me tightly.