Chapter Seven

Rose

I try to keep distance from the twins, Ariana and Desdemona, Air and Demon, only for the fact that somebody has to keep watch of Serina and Anastasia’s bodies. Closing my eyes, I feel two stray tears drip down them, then a touch of skin wiping them away. Shock bursts through my body, as I open my eyes. Serina is sitting on her bed, which is closest to me, rubbing her eyes.

                “What happened to you, Serina?” I ask, concern about Anastasia, and what’s happening to her.

                “They took her to the fortress.” My heart skips a beat. T-the fortress!?

                “I can’t . . . I can’t go back there Serina!” I burst, tears streaming down my face.

                “We have to. Ana doesn’t have another day.” Serina bluntly says, her eyes sad. I shake my head, not believing a word she says. I refuse to go back there! What if I see the person who gave me my scar?! What if I see someone I knew from home?

                “Well, if she’s going, we have too.” Desdemona’s voice floats in to the room. Looking up, I see the twins standing there, fingers barely touching.

                “And Serina, care to tell us what our queen told you about our past lives?” Ariana glares, obviously not happy about Serina knowing something about her that she doesn’t know herself.

                “No, not yet. If you’re lucky, you can ask her yourselves.” Serina replies angrily, before turning away and zoning out.

                “Well, there’s also something else . . .” I say, shaking my head.

                “What is it?” Desdemona asks, her head tilted to the side.

                “I tried to go through to Entiyo when both Serina and Anastasia were out, but I couldn’t. Maybe only two can go at a time . . .?” I explain, getting shocked looks from both Ariana and Desdemona. I give them confused looks, but they just launch into this HUGE conversation about how they could work out a way. Wow, these girls must be good at powers and such. Looking at them in confusion, my mind wanders. How is it that they know so much about Entiyo powers, when I barely know anything! The only thing I know about Entiyo powers, is that whoever possesses them, is almost always used for wars. But, lucky for me, I was born after the time of war, when the Reint’s actually stopped fighting us, but started recruiting us.

                “Did you hear a word we just said, Rose?” Ariana asks, pulling me out of my like-trance.

                “We said, that if you can get to the queen, Rose, she could allow us all through, and then we can save Anastasia!” Desdemona tells me, smiling shyly.

                “Well, I can try, but what if she won’t allow it?” I ask, trying out all different possibilities on them.

                “Well, we would have to work out another way, even if it means only one of us, wait two because the queens consort can also come, and retrieve Anastasia!” Ariana replies, smiling at me. Nodding at her response, I look towards Serina.

                “Guys, I cannot go back there, well not to the queens’ court room, at least.” Serina says, turning around to face us.

                “Wait . . . why not?” Desdemona asks, obviously confused like the rest of us.

                “Well . . . it’s a long story.” She replies, a dark smile on her lips.