Chapter Seventeen

Rose

I sit down near Desdemona and Ariana, thinking about what exactly happened. Capri and Serina. Is it just me or does it seem like he likes her . . . but she doesn’t like him back. I can tell that Serina doesn’t like him in that way because of how she moved back, instead of moving forward. But the thing that scared me the most was Alexis. She literally raged at them. Just as I reached her before, she yelled at both Serina and Capri, before dragging my best friend out of the room, allowing me to quickly slip inside, closing the door behind me.

                “Rose? What do you think is going on . . .?” Desdemona asks, interrupting my thinking. I simply shrug my shoulders, before closing my eyes.

                “Well, unlike you three I’m going to find out.” Ariana pipes up, before standing and walking out the door, focused on finding Serina, where-ever she is. I smile at her dedication. She is someone that everyone can get along with, someone that becomes so focused on a set goal. Then, before I realize it, Alexis walks back into the room. How can I tell with my eyes closed. . .? I normally can’t do that. Two seconds later, the door is slammed shut. I re-open my eyes, seeing Alexis’ cold eyes staring right into me.

                “Rose, I believe it is time for you to collect your friends and take them back to Earth. Because, as some people may put it, you have overstayed your welcome.” The Queen says, her mouth twitching when she says the last few words. I’m sure that’s never happened before. I wonder why. Maybe it has something to do with Serina . . .?

                “Oh, I didn’t know you felt that way . . . Desdemona, you go find your sister, whilst I go find Serina. Ana, could you wait here for us, please?” The two girl’s nod, before Desdemona takes off, going to find her twin. I stand, smiling at Anastasia, before taking off myself. Walking out of the room, I think of possible places that she could have gone . . . when you think about it, there isn’t really anywhere that she can go without becoming lost, unless the man from before found her, the one that insists that we are related. That’s a major possibility. I continue walking around the numerous halls, before finally stumbling upon the door that I had entered only an hour ago. Attempting to open the door, I quickly learn that it is locked.

Huh. Okay then, I’ll wait out here then.” I say to myself, before resting my back against the adjacent wall. I slide down the wall, landing quietly. My hands run over the dress, making sure that it hasn’t become torn or damaged in any way. It’s much too precious to be damaged, because it’s probably the only one of its kind. Well, at least I think it is. Minutes pass by, with nothing coming from inside that door. My eyes slowly close, mainly from the complete boredom that I am experiencing. Just as I begin to drift off, the door opens, causing me to reopen my eyes as quick as I can. Serina stands above me, looking down at me with a look that says ‘Why the hell are you down there?’ She extends  her arm to me, and I grab it instantly.

Why exactly where you down there, Rose?” Serina asks me, giving me one of her secretive smiles. Oh no, what has she found out now?

Waiting for you. Alexis want’s us all out. She said that we had . . . Overstayed our welcome. We have to meet your sister back in the room we were in before, and Desdemona’s gone to find Ariana, because she went walk-a-bout. I think she was going to come find you, but obviously I found you first.” I summarize it all for her, before looking behind her. The Prophet of Entiyo stands there, his name still unknown to me. He gives me a quick smile, before tapping Serina on the shoulder and whispering something to her. She nods, before directing all her attention back to me.