Chapter Nineteen

Rose

I watch as the world crumbles around me. Strange . . . this isn’t reality! But then . . . how exactly did I pass out? Looking around, I can only see crumbling staircases, crumbling building, crumbling EVERYTHING! Even the ground is crumbling.

                “What the hell is going on here?” I mutter to myself, completely confused. This isn’t a normal dream, I can already tell that. But why exactly this sort of dream?

                “You . . . Who are you?” A voice comes out of nowhere, whispering to me. That voice sounds so close to me . . . like it’s next to me. Looking left and right, I see that there is nobody there. This place is so confusing . . .

                “Rose. I am Rose Aura Yana.” I speak, hoping that the strange voice can hear me.

                “Rose, it is not your time yet! No wonder the buildings are crumbling! You are meant to be alive, not here in the Crosslands.” The voice yells at me, causing me to flinch. Wait a second. Does this mean that I’m dead? That’s impossible. Improbable! There is no way . . .

                “How is that even possible? How could I have died?”

                “Thing is, love, you’re not dead. At this very moment, Anastasia is repairing your every vein, you every organ. Soon enough, you will be alive again. But for now, you will be here, with me.” Without warning, someone steps forward, away from the building, allowing me to see. Well, to be completely honest, I can’t really see the person, but what I can tell from here is that they have silver-blonde hair.

                “Stay right there, Rose.” The voice comes up to me again. Nodding, I watch as the person turns around and begins walking towards me. The closer the person gets, the easier I can see them. A guy. Definitely a guy. His silver-blonde hair sticking to his forehead. Blood red eyes that stick out . . . wait what? That is seriously creepy. He continues walking towards me, even as I give him a creeped out look. Just as he reaches the top of the stairs, he stops walking. His blood red eyes bore into mine, giving me chills. Without warning, there is a gust of wind, and something . . . someone, grasps onto the stranger’s torso and pushes them into a cemented pole, making it shake and begin to fall apart. My eyes widen in fear, as the guy with blood red eyes gets hit by a piece of debris and is stuck underneath. I take a step towards him.

                “NO! Don’t move. You can’t go near him. He was trying to get rid of you. Make sure that you can’t go back to yourself.” That voice yells at me, as the second person, the one who pushed the first into the pole, dodges a piece of debris.

                “Trying to get rid of me?” I repeat, confused.

                “Yes. There are two different types of people at the Crosslands. The Resurrectors, and the Destroyers. The Resurrectors are the ones who help the people that somehow get stuck in the Crosslands to get back to their own bodies. While the Destroyers . . . that’s simple. They are the ones who wonder the Crosslands, looking for people who haven’t got a Resurrector protecting them, and they take away their chance of living again. All they do is place their hands over your forehead, making your eyes close.

                “Theres always one problem though. You can never tell who is a Resurrector or a Destroyer around here, so sometimes we accidently kill our own side. But when that happens, they are reborn, which I suppose is a good thing. The guy that was coming towards you before? Classic Destroyer. There are only a few that look like that. The strongest ones.” The voice explains to me. Sighing, I realize that it’s a battleground out here, and I’m stuck in the middle of it. Basically the same as in real life . . .