Chapter Fourteen

Serina

Where’s a mirror. I have to see this!” Rose yells; her eyes wide with anticipation. Wow . . . she actually has a powerful voice. Who would have thought? I take a few steps back, my ears pulsing. The others take a few steps back as well, even the Queen. I send a quick look to her, trying to say that she has to get Rose out of the room, before all hell breaks loose. There’s a quick nod back, before she takes a step towards Rose, whispering three words;

                “Follow me, Rose.

Smiling slightly, I take a step to the side, allowing them access to the door. The queen walks over to me, smiling.

                “Thank you, Serina. I will be in contact soon enough.” She probably means what I did to get Rose back. Nodding, I open the door, allowing them to leave. The queen walks out, and just before Rose does, I pull her away for a split second.

                “You look absolutely beautiful at the moment, Rose. This dress actually suits you.” I compliment her, smiling a bit wider than before. Rose’s eyes twinkle, before nodding. And just like that, she turns around, and walks out the door.

                “So, Serina, what did you actually do to get Rose back here, especially when Iris appeared?” Desdemona asks, still wondering how I actually did it.

                “Well  . . .

                                                **                                           **                                           **

I walk around the corner, wiping the sweat from my forehead. Thank god I got away from Iris, well for now, because the other two girls are fighting her at the moment. I continue following the sounds of grunts and buzzing. My eyes widen at the scene that is before me. Rose is standing in front of a cell, her hands glowing sky blue with gold laced through-out. Without warning, she shoots one at the three guards standing before her, as a warning shot. One of the guards runs off, in the opposite direction of where I am standing. Rose puts the other thing; I think it’s an orb, onto the ground. It suddenly turns to flames, going around her but not touching her. She makes another orb, bringing it towards the cell door. I take a few steps forward, to see the guards conversing, before one bends down, grabbing something out of his shoe. The other grabs a slingshot from his back pocket, giving it to the other guard. That’s when I realize. They’re going to knock out Rose. I begin walking, hoping that I get there before they shoot. But that failed.

                “Rose, watch out!” A voice that sounds like Capri’s calls, two seconds before Rose is hit with the unknown object that the first guard shoots. She collapses to the ground, clutching her scar. I burst into a run, my hands beginning to glow my majestic dark purple. They turn into spikes, as I throw one of them at the second guard, causing him to be knocked to the ground, dazed and disorientated. The person who I believe is Capri walks out of the cell, kneeling down to Rose. The first guard takes a step towards him, pulling something that looks like a dagger out of his pocket. My eyes widen, as I shoot another load of my dark purple spikes at the first guard, hitting him right in the arm. He lets out a small shriek of pain, before falling to the ground unconscious. Capri’s head snaps towards me, only just realizing that I am in here, helping him out.

                “Serina, help me out . . . BEHIND YOU!” Capri calls, causing me to spin around. I am suddenly knocked to the ground, the air gone from my lungs. My eyes adjust to my new surroundings, to see Iris standing before me. In her physical form.