Telling the Team

Chapter 20 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After New Years, news spread that Patty was leaving and that the Parry couple was demolished. She also found out about Barry being the Flash but never found out about me being the Starshooter. Other than that news we received a present with Eobard Thawne showing up but Barry sent him back so the time wouldn't screw up. As well with him coming we fought against Tar who sounds like what he does but unfortunately I was able to defeat him with one of my special arrows. 

Walking away from that business I received an email from Maria giving me info when I would train with one of their people which would be in 2 months. 'Great like it hasn't been two months already. Note it's March.' I thought. Yes I'm grumpy right now since I haven't caffeine yet and yes it's the morning. 

I decided to walk to Jitters seeing it was pretty close and then head back home and grab my sketchbook and drive to the station

I decided to walk to Jitters seeing it was pretty close and then head back home and grab my sketchbook and drive to the station. When I walked in I saw Cisco and Caitlin. I waved over to them and waited to order and then get the order. 

"Hey guys." I said to them. 

"Hey Sere." They said back. 

"So how's Jay and Harry doing?" I asked seeing that I hardly talk to the two. 

"Harry's ok, his sometimes annoying but its ok. And with Jay this one should know." Cisco said and refereed the last part to Caitlin. 

"Jay's ok." She said sadly. 

"Oh do I see a relationship blossoming?" I teased at her and finished my croissant. 

"Yup and how about my Sarry couple. How's that going?" Cisco asked. 

"Yea." Caitlin said agreeing with him. 

"While seeing that he just broke up with Patty. I'm not going to budge at all and I think me and Barry are ok with just being friends and partners but romantic wise never going to happen." I said. 

"Fine." They both said defeatedly. 

"Gotta go now. Work is calling." I said before saying bye and leaving to go back home to get my sketches and get my car. 

-30 Minutes Later- 

Within the first few minutes of getting to the station I was rushed to go and finish a sketch and then rest of the time was me getting to bullshit everything great. I decided to go and check on Barry and walked to his lab. 

"Hey Barry." I said getting his attention. His attitude with me after breaking up with Patty had drastically changed with him trying to flirt with me and be romantic and stuff like that. 

"Oh, hey Serenity." He said. 

"Whatcha doing?"  I said acting like Isabel from Phineas and Ferb for that part. 

"Nothing and was that from Phineas and Ferb?" He asked. 

"Maybe." I said shyly. 

"..." Silence again spread before I was about to go and be on my phone in my office before Barry grabbed my arm and pulled me back. 

"What's up Barry?" I asked. 

"I need to know something." He said. 

"Which is?" I asked. 

"Can we get back together?" He asked. 

"I don't know Barry." I said and looked down on the floor. 

"What can I do to get our relationship back?" He asked. 

"I don't know. Maybe try getting my trust back that we wouldn't grow apart." I said and he nodded and let me go. I then just ended up going back and saw three other unfinished sketches and decided to do the two. While working on the sketches I kept thinking if I should tell the team I also joined SHIELD. Yeah I told Oli and the others but I was scared that the Team wouldn't accept me going on some missions with them. Problem I haven't told Barry about it which I'm worried about but maybe telling them will help me with not being afraid of them finding out and Felicity not telling them I'm with SHIELD. 

-4 Hours Later- 

I finished 1.5 sketches and decided to leave letting Captain Singh know and headed to my car. I drove to STAR Labs to see Barry doing some practice with Caitlin and Jay watching while Harry and Cisco were working on some designs on their own. I waved at all of them and headed over to do some target practice. I was happy that they didn't notice how off I was today because I missed a couple targets which never happens when I practice some other time. 

-2 Hours Later- 

I gained the courage and called everyone to the Cortex. 

"Is there anything going on?" Cisco asked. I shook my head and looked down. 

"We know that's a lie. Is it bad?" Caitlin asked and I breathed out while shaking my head. 

"Then what is it?" Barry asked. 

"When we visited Central City and I met up with a friend. That friend works for SHIELD and asked if I wanted to be part of SHIELD." I said and got interrupted by Cisco. 

"What's SHIELD?" Cisco asked. 

"It's the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division aka that acronym. Avengers work with them in some missions." I said more simply. 

"Oh awesome, what did you say?" Cisco asked. 

"If you let me continue. I told her I would contact her  with my answer and during December on Christmas, I called her and said yes. She contacted me that my trainer would be here in Central in two months." I said and saw them all shocked. 

"That's awesome but does that mean your leaving the team?" Cisco asked. 

"No, I'll go on missions close to here." I said. 

"Why do you need a trainer?" Caitlin asked. 

"I don't know maybe to teach some SHIELD references in case I need them." I said. 

"Who is she or he?" Barry asked. 

"I don't know who he is." I said. 

"It's a he." Cisco asked and I nodded my head. 

They then all went in different conversations with who my mentor might be while Harry just left. 

"So you already told Oli and the others?" Barry asked and I nodded my head and headed to my desk to start on some designs. 

Barry's POV 

This trainer better not mess with me regaining trust with Sere.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter. 

See you soon Runners.