Experiencing a Normal Life is Weird

Chapter 27 

For getting this book at 1K a extra chapter this week. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity's POV

I was walking out of my office and peeked into Barry's lab

I was walking out of my office and peeked into Barry's lab. The attitude surrounding him was so depressing that I felt bad for him losing his powers. Barry was so confident and outgoing with his speed but now it seemed that he lost that and maybe even more and forgot how to act "normal." 

"Hey." I said and walked over to him. 

"Hey." He said trying to act happy. 

"Wanna come with me? I'm heading towards STAR Labs." I said and he nodded his head. We rushed downstairs and into my car. 

"How was this morning?" I asked. 

"Sad and I don't miss taking the bus." He said and I laughed at that part. 

-15 Minutes Later- 

The attitude around the Cortex was also depressing. Cisco was trying to vibe Jay's helmet and Joe plus Iris were there. I looked over to see Harry coming and he was mad about Barry giving his speed away and was determined to find Jesse. He got all his things before going and sarcastically asked Cisco if he knew someone with Barry's speed making the mood drop below depressing. 

Everyone then went back to their mission they selected for themselves leaving me and Iris standing there. 

"Iris." I said and she turned to look at me. 

"What's up?" She asked. 

"Can you take Barry out of here?" I asked. 

"Like where?" She asked. 

"Back to CCPD or to Jitters. Anywhere honestly but not here. I don't want him to sulk in here." I said and she nodded her head before getting Barry out of the Cortex and soon out of the building. I then went over to my arrows, picked them up including my bow, and walked over to my training area. I just did some simple target practice to take some stress out of me. I then went to clean up and headed back to the Cortex. I put my things back and went ahead to look at my email to see that I've gotten an email from Tony Stark. 

Ms. Queen:
You might know me as Tony Stark and now that the bill has been in place for all Avengers to step down and announce their names as their superhero. I just wanted to to email you congratulating you on your entrance to SHIELD. I was also to email you about your mentor who you might know is now in jail with Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, and Ant-Man. He won't be able to train you but the videos that SHIELD has been looking at you won't need any training since you excel what we want an agent of ours to be like.
I also wanted to inform you that we would like to keep you down at Central City with the problem going on and yes we were informed about what was happening. Good Luck.
                                                                                                                                                                 -Tony Stark 

I was happy and emailed him back basically giving my thanks and asking questions on what would happen with those jailed. I then looked up to see Barry and Iris walk in with Jesse. They all informed me that someone might have kidnapped Harry and we needed Jesse to help us. 

Cisco figured out the man who kidnapped Harry and we found out it was a guy named Griffin Grey who was quite young. We were all given our job and I went to step aside with Iris. 

"Girl, where did you guys go? I thought Jesse was at Keystone or whatever." I said shocked that she was even here. 

"Cisco told us where we tracked the van and Barry told me go there and there you go." She said and I nodded my head. 

"What was so important on your laptop though? You seemed so absorbed to it." She asked and I told her about the email and everything going on in SHIELD and she was thankful that I wasn't really needed yet at SHIELD. 

-1.5 Hours Later-    

We tracked down Harry ,finally and Barry and I suited up. Unfortunately it was just for an act for Barry but Cisco made a specific arrow that would stop or even kill Grey. We all were in Central City Amusement Park and were hidden with Barry trying to fight with Grey. 

When Cisco and Joe appeared I shot the special arrow and unfortunately Grey caught it ad crushed it. 

"Aww not my special arrow." Cisco whined before Joe pushed himself and Cisco of the incoming car. He tried to walk closer to the two but I was able to divert his attention back onto Barry and myself. Barry tried to tell him that we'd be able to help him but he kept avoiding that and threw punches at Barry making himself grow older. When Barry hit one of the posts to hold up a chain I was about to shot an arrow at Grey before he collapsed and we noticed that Grey was gone. 

We then started to look for Harry which was easy. We all then headed back to STAR Labs and we all split with Joe and Barry driving towards Jitters to walk with Wally. When the two got back Harry then announced that he would help Barry get his speed back and during their hyped up talk I got a call from Thea. 

Me: Hello.  

Thea: Serenity (Her voice cracking and sounded like she was crying).  

Me: What's wrong T? 

Thea: Did Oli call you yet? Felicity? Dig? 

Me: Umm I got no calls from those three. Just tell me T, your scaring me. 

Thea: L.......Laurel......

Me: What about Laurel? 

Thea: She's dead. Damian Darhk killed her. 

Me: .....

Thea: Her funeral passed but we're all still in shock. 

Me: I'll tell the team here. 

Thea: OK. 

Me: Call me if you need support and that goes for all of you. I need to go now, ok. 

Thea: OK, bye Sere. 

Me: Bye T. 

I ended the call and headed back inside the Cortex with a semi-shocked and sad face going on. 

"Serenity are you ok?" Barry said and walked up to my side and I shook my head and went to hug him burying myself in his chest, and now letting tears flow. 

"What happened and who was that?" Cisco asked. 

"It was Thea." I muffled out of Barry's chest and continued, "Black Canary's dead." 

I looked up to see Barry's reaction and heard Cisco say, "Laurel... But how, what happened?" 

I removed myself from Barry's chest with his arm still supporting me and said, "Damian Darhk killed her." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I hope you liked this chapter and thank you for getting this book at 1K. 

See you soon Runners.